Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine-Nine-Standalone Offers Up New Release For Making Use Of Gallium D3D9 On Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
    But it feels beyond stupid to buy a new motherboard and CPU and replace DDR3 with DDR4 almost entirely to play one game. I only play it a few times a month.
    I bought my PS3 a few years ago just to play Kingdom Hearts, and will buy a PS4 Pro just for that again

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

I bought my PS3 a few years ago just to play Kingdom Hearts, and will buy a PS4 Pro just for that again
      Enjoy! One of my brothers is sorely tempted to buy a PS4 simply for Kingdom Hearts, too.

I did buy the PC parts. I forgot how long a motherboard swap takes, I haven't done one in almost ten years so it took me over two hours. My SC2 performance appeared to jump considerably, before with the same video card on a small map I was getting 120 fps with all graphics on low at start with a rapid drop in fps from there. Now with graphics on high I got 200 fps at the beginning and finished the match at around 110 fps. Next I'll experiment with bigger maps and mods. I also used the benchmarks at browserbench.org to compare the old vs new (AMD FX-8320 vs AMD Ryzen 5 2600X) and saw about an 80% improvement. Not too shabby.

Comment

If sc2 uses any pathing/AI code from sc1, then it probably uses linked lists and dynamic memory allocations extensively. This might be why using a faster memory module might speed up the game rapidly.

Comment

Working...
        X