Lutris 0.5 Released With Much Improved GTK User Interface, GOG Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutris 0.5 Released With Much Improved GTK User Interface, GOG Support

Phoronix: Lutris 0.5 Released With Much Improved GTK User Interface, GOG Support

For those using the Lutis open-source gaming platform that aims to enhance the experience of managing games and better integration from Wine to Steam games, the huge 0.5 release is now available for upgrades...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lutis

Comment

Does Lutris have Unreal Tournament, I'm having hard time installing it, there is no binary in downloaded files.

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
        Does Lutris have Unreal Tournament, I'm having hard time installing it, there is no binary in downloaded files.

Afaik Epic stopped development of that game on all platforms though.

Comment

It looks like a really nice tool. Does anyone here have experience with it? How do you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
            Does anyone here have experience with it? How do you find it?
            wow install and use just works, starting from clicking "install" button on its lutris web page

Comment

Does any one has experince with Lutris?
              It seems a platform like Steam, or a "netflix for games"..

Seems interesting

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
                It looks like a really nice tool. Does anyone here have experience with it? How do you find it?
                Plenty of experience. I found it by accident in the AUR looking for libretro frontends a year ago.

I consider Lutris to be the best tool for managing PC games on Linux. Libstrangle support, libgamemode support, provides custom wine builds, DXVK support and support for multiple DXVK versions, Steam and GOG support, very easy to customize launch parameters/env variables/etc.

While Lutris has emulation support, RetroArch is a better choice for managing lots of roms.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

Afaik Epic stopped development of that game on all platforms though.
                  Its still a lot of fun. I can see person in the link you've provided having same problem.

10 gb download, but I will try it. thanks

Edit:
                  Works!
                  Last edited by paupav; 01 February 2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    wow install and use just works, starting from clicking "install" button on its lutris web page
                    You actually play WoW?

Comment

Working...
                    X