Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity 2019.1 Beta Deprecates Linux x86, Offers Up Many Vulkan & Linux Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    Why argue so much? UE4 vs. Unity is just a matter of perspective.
    Its actually Unity and proprietary products like Construct / RPGMaker that I dislike seeing within industry. Vendor lockin is something that can simply be avoided and yet so many kids walk into their trap. Why? Because they are inexperienced and naive. Unity thrive on this and it is a little bit sickening to see. Whether UE4 or a custom engine is the replacement, I don't really mind. So long as it isn't a prosumer toy. Yes, at home or in primary school it is fine but for large professional projects it is the incorrect "tool" for the job.

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    For many games, it is not important if its engine or the OS die after release. Many games ar not played anymore some years after their release..
    I actually find that a little bit unacceptable. I try at every turn to fight against this kind of consumer mentality. Again, toys like Unity thrive on this.

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post
    I'm still failing to see how that would mean that Unity is dying. You just don't have a clue about how the game industry works.
    Are you one of those guys that built their career on Adobe Flash? XD
    I hope not. I knew a few of them, I think they work at McDonalds now. They put all their eggs in one basket and were left with no products, no projects and no skills at the end. I don't know whether to feel smug or pity them :/
    Last edited by kpedersen; 01 February 2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
      Are you one of those guys that built their career on Adobe Flash? XD
      I hope not. I knew a few of them, I think they work at McDonalds now.
      They either had a very short career or that McDonalds is hiring unusually old people. I've never seen people past their thirties working at McDonalds.

Comment

Working...
      X