Wine Developers Are Exploring A Vulkan Backend To WineD3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Portability of what. What is exactly the point of running a windows-to-unix-ish translation layer on Windows?

Do they even offer that at all? I don't see any "Wine For Windows" downloads, and Codeweavers (the parent company) isn't making a proprietary product either. https://www.codeweavers.com/
    Well you can use your imagination a bit. Off the top of my head:
    • People used wined3d to run DX11 renderers on Windows XP (games that supported WinXP obviously, just not the DX11 renderer). I know performance was awful but if it's about graphics...
    • You can test wined3d on Windows and see whether it's a Wine problem/bug at all. If it runs fine on Windows' OpenGL... it means it's definitely unlikely to be a problem with Wine itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      Well you can use your imagination a bit. Off the top of my head:
      • People used wined3d to run DX11 renderers on Windows XP (games that supported WinXP obviously, just not the DX11 renderer). I know performance was awful but if it's about graphics...
      • You can test wined3d on Windows and see whether it's a Wine problem/bug at all. If it runs fine on Windows' OpenGL... it means it's definitely unlikely to be a problem with Wine itself.
      So it actually runs on windows. They are even crazier than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post

Not everyone is interested in working on MF.
        I hope that someone is interested enough to fix it. There is 2 manual fixes for MF, and they are not easy, and don't work well all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X