Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Unofficial Fedora Remix Is Now Available For Windows' WSL But It Will Cost You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it a trademark infringement, when some random guy takes money for something and calls it Fedora?
    "Fedora" and the Fedora logo are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangix View Post
      It annoys me that a lot of open source people have opposition to making money off of open source, despite RMS being in favor of it.
      I've got no problem with someone associated with Fedora/RedHat doing that, but it's pretty shitty to have some random guy just copy a bunch of packages and try to make money off someone else's project.

I mean, if they were doing tons of integration work or something worthwhile then I'd be ok with it. But I assume it took them basically no effort to create.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I've got no problem with someone associated with Fedora/RedHat doing that, but it's pretty shitty to have some random guy just copy a bunch of packages and try to make money off someone else's project.

I mean, if they were doing tons of integration work or something worthwhile then I'd be ok with it. But I assume it took them basically no effort to create.

Comment

Working...
        X