Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    Oh, don't worry about it, just read this page:
    I don't believe people should be defined by the worst thing they write. Sometimes, people can mishandle a situation and it escalates into something shameful and horrifying. If they reflect on that experience and behave differently, then change is possible and that history should become obsolete. That is my hope, for all sides.

I'd suggest simply not responding to inflammatory and provocative remarks. Even if you reply to other parts of the post, try to look at insults as coming from one who can't handle their liquor. If someone is too insulting or not debating in good faith, then no good will come of continuing the exchange.

Anyway, let's please try to let this little flame die out.

Comment

Is there an ignore user function?
      I can't seem to find it

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        Oh, don't worry about it, just read this page: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...karounds/page9
        Wow, you keep boasting the fact that you revealed my private correspondence for which you have no moral or legal right in any jurisdiction of this world. It's rarely that you see people who revel in showing how despicable they are. Just don't stop, please. It doesn't even matter why I wrote that to you - let's forget the fun fact that you had tried to get me doxxed. At the time you showed what a rotten person you were twice and now you're even making yourself look a whole lot worse. Nicely done! That's the low I'll hardly ever reach.

I wonder if you're gay because you're always closely following all my comments on Phoronix. Sorry, dude, I'm straight. There can be nothing between us. Especially with your quite dirty whims.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitey View Post
          Is there an ignore user function? I can't seem to find it
          It's the second tab of https://www.phoronix.com/forums/settings/account

At the bottom you'll see "Ignore List". Too bad it often doesn't work at all. Don't forget to add me there first of all as I'm totally useless for Linux and Open Source. It's funny though that the Linux kernel git log mentions me, and so do many other Open Source projects. Perhaps by mistake. A huge mistake. I'm a Microsoft shill here. An NVIDIA investor. An open-source hater.
          Last edited by birdie; 20 January 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the helpful post

Comment

Originally posted by skerit View Post
              So how can we define ray casting? How does it differ from regular ray tracing?
              I would consider "Ray tracing" as the name of the generic technique of tracing paths of light to help render a 3D scene (as in "ray tracers", name of the whole familiy of 3D renderers like Pov-Ray).

And I would use "ray casting" as the name of a very specific and over-optimized subtype ot the technique, which on puprose is simplified to do only 1D scan on a 2D map (like in the engines of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, etc.) and usually do no reflections, transparencies, lighting, anti-aliasing, etc. (Though there are exceptions).

Comment

--dick
                Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 26 January 2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox Ethereal View Post
                  --dick
                  This guy is classic: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...-kernel/page14

Comment

Working...
                  X