Steam Client Beta Updated With Many Linux Fixes, Vulkan Caching Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Client Beta Updated With Many Linux Fixes, Vulkan Caching Updates

Phoronix: Steam Client Beta Updated With Many Linux Fixes, Vulkan Caching Updates

Valve has just released their biggest Steam client beta update of the year so far for Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The 0-byte downloads is a MUCH welcome fix. That problem was pretty annoying. Can't say I faced any of the other bugs, but it's nice to see them fixed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      The 0-byte downloads is a MUCH welcome fix. That problem was pretty annoying. Can't say I faced any of the other bugs, but it's nice to see them fixed anyway.
      I agree.

I also think - although it's a small one - it's annoying that the system tray icon in KDE doesn't open the application window on a (double)click

Comment

Say what you want about Valve, but they certainly aren't slacking when it comes to the lower level stuff.

The interface itself might be dated and in a dire need of upgrading, but the technology in the lower layers is really quite nicely cared for, even for the projects that don't directly involve Steam.

Comment

Still no SteamPlay option for games with broken naitve version? Like some of Feral games? Sad... Maybe it coming later. I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Ananace View Post
            Say what you want about Valve, but they certainly aren't slacking when it comes to the lower level stuff.

The interface itself might be dated and in a dire need of upgrading, but the technology in the lower layers is really quite nicely cared for, even for the projects that don't directly involve Steam.
            The interface is a little dated, but it's not that bad. It supports skins, and if you don't like any of that, isn't Big Picture Mode pretty much what you're expecting?

Comment

Wait, this is the biggest update of the year? It's January 16.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
                Still no SteamPlay option for games with broken naitve version? Like some of Feral games? Sad... Maybe it coming later. I hope...
                Which Feral game is broken?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Which Feral game is broken?
                  There is no broken Feral port but i think he meant broken on performance terms. Like Deus EX MD , Hitman 2016 , Tomb Raider 2013 etc. Basically Feral's pre Vulkan titles.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
                    You can go into the Steam Play options and enable Proton for every Windows game. They just won't support it if it doesn't work. You probably knew that already, I just wanted to make sure. I haven't tried it with anything from Feral.

Comment

Working...
                    X