Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Steam Integration 0.7.3 Released With Annoyance Fixes

Phoronix: Linux Steam Integration 0.7.3 Released With Annoyance Fixes

Solus founder Ikey Doherty who is back working for Intel on the Clear Linux team and brought the Linux Steam Integration (LSI) into that fold has issued a new release of this software for improving the Steam integration on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting to see an Intel dev working on Steam's Linux support. If he is working on it as part of his day job, this might indicate some long term strategy for collaborating with valve on their discrete GPU project.

Comment

Originally posted by babai View Post
      Interesting to see an Intel dev working on Steam's Linux support. If he is working on it as part of his day job, this might indicate some long term strategy for collaborating with valve on their discrete GPU project.
      Yeah, but you do know that Ikey is not *just* an Intel dev, right? Or are you new to the Linux community?

Comment

To me the weird part is Ikey is having to work on this. I feel like, actual Steam developers should be working on issues like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Yeah, but you do know that Ikey is not *just* an Intel dev, right? Or are you new to the Linux community?
          You missed the part
          If he is working on it as part of his day job

Comment

You missed the part
            No, I responded to the part "[..]an Intel dev[...]".
            He is NOT just an Intel dev.

Comment

why distro dev working on steam support means anything more than improving that distro?

Comment

Originally posted by taijutsun View Post

To me the weird part is Ikey is having to work on this. I feel like, actual Steam developers should be working on issues like this.
                Absolutely!
                Especially with Valve devs working on project quite outside of their fields, you'd expect them to take care of that.

Comment

Working...
                X