Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particle
    replied
    If it can help out with the 15-30 second hangs that are encountered before the state cache is built up in Battlefield 5, I'd be happy. It's bad enough to where any time I enter a new map cacheless I'm likely to timeout-DC at least a few times before I can successfully spawn.

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    Originally posted by ihatemichael

No thanks, I'll never take candy from any of you.
    Well I love Michael, I joined Phoronix premium on Valentine's day. I'm sure he just loves me too, or benchmarking, I can't tell the difference.

Leave a comment:

• ryao
    replied
    Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
    I realised the same: The performance is better for me using DXVK then native Windows DX11 while playing e.g. Battlefield 4.

Maybe I should try DXVK at Windows, too. ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Drop the DLLs into the gamesโ€™ executable directory and the game should use it in place of the Windows version.

Leave a comment:

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied

You can always donate yourself to him.
    Troll is trolling! Do you want some candy?

Leave a comment:

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied
    No, just remove Windows.
    Well, I did! Ages ago! I would need to install it to do so!

Originally posted by gukin View Post
    Many thanks to Philip Rebohle for this marvellous bit of code that keeps us gaming under Linux instead of having to buckle under and succumb to Windows 10; or just not play.
    True! Many thanks, Philip! We do appreciate your work! If I could, I would donate for it! <3
    Last edited by cRaZy-bisCuiT; 13 January 2019, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    The releases are coming out at a much slower rate, I suspect that Philip is having to tackle some more complex stuff. I also suspect that Steam may be helping him out with testing and other things. In any case, I've been playing my way through all the Batman games and aside from Arkham Asylum (which gets a nice boost from Gallium Nine), the rest work beautifully under DXVK.

Many thanks to Philip Rebohle for this marvellous bit of code that keeps us gaming under Linux instead of having to buckle under and succumb to Windows 10; or just not play.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Lazy game developers who can't be bothered to make a Vulkan API for their games is being out done by DXVK.

Leave a comment:

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied
    I realised the same: The performance is better for me using DXVK then native Windows DX11 while playing e.g. Battlefield 4.

Maybe I should try DXVK at Windows, too. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    I'm running Hard Reset Redux on DXVK and the performance seems better than natively on Windows on DX11 - on windows it stutters quite often, but on Linux it doesn't and the FPS went from 40 to 60 when upgraded to DXVK 0.9. (I have a new card but weak for games: GT 1030). So yeah - DXVK is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• DXVK 0.95 Released With Big Performance Win For Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Phoronix: DXVK 0.95 Released With Big Performance Win For Assassin's Creed Odyssey

The DXVK project for mapping Direct3D 10/11 atop Vulkan for Wine/Proton (Steam Play) users continues inching closer to its eventual 1.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X