Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proton 3.16-6 Beta Improves Several Windows Games On Linux During Steam's Winter Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    Can anyone confirm / update me -- I would be playing via MESA
    you can update you yourself and get a refund if game doesn't work

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post

Why wouldn't anyone use Nvidia?
    Open-source drivers?

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Felipe
    replied
    Originally posted by Almindor View Post

Nope, all my failures have been reported back to ProtonDB. And you know what I found? Usually people with similar specs (as in Mesa version, proton version and GFX card) had same results. I think most fanboys must be using nvidia at this point.
    Why wouldn't anyone use Nvidia?

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    crysis, tropico 3, superpower 2, sega games, they all work really good for me. ubuntu 19.04, nvidia drivers and intel mesa

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied

Mordheim, Fallout New Vegas. If you have those tell me if any work. I tried them ~1 month ago and both were failures, Mordheim started but the map and overall speed was as if I was running it on an intel card.
    I don't have Mordheim but Fallout New Vegas just works for me.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    So Uplay gets a bit further along, it now crashes when checking for patches

Leave a comment:

• Pentarctagon
    replied

If that's the case (and I'm not saying it's not), why? Are you saying latest stable releases (kernel/drivers etc.) are all bugged and need half a year to be usable? What's the cause here? Arch isn't using latest -dev.git32487324 builds you know.
    The closer you are to the "latest and greatest", the more likely it is you'll run into an issue that nobody else has had yet or that just hasn't been fixed yet. Arch also isn't the distro that would come to my mind if I wanted everything to work without much/any need to fiddle with things.

Leave a comment:

• Almindor
    replied
    Originally posted by ramrod View Post

If fallout new vegas does not work for you then the issue is on your end. It runs without issue for me, and I also use arch, and I have an rx470.
    Bit the bullet and reinstalled. Seems it works now. I guess some mesa update fixed it. I tried it maybe 1-2 months ago and it crashed for me then. Seems to run fine too. Maybe I'll retry some of the others. Still I think this needs a year more or so.

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Darakus View Post

You should be able to install that with protontricks:

https://github.com/Sirmentio/protontricks
    Thanks a lot. I'll try over Xmas.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied

If that's the case (and I'm not saying it's not), why? Are you saying latest stable releases (kernel/drivers etc.) are all bugged and need half a year to be usable? What's the cause here? Arch isn't using latest -dev.git32487324 builds you know.
    The greater the distance from what the developers develop and/or test on, the more likely you are to trip over a bug in Proton that they failed to catch or a bug in something else that they overlooked the need to add a workaround for.

Tiny differences can have huge effects if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X