X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moltonel
    replied
    Originally posted by theriddick View Post

I've heard of 2 games on that list.. seems their going after all the small easy to test games first?
    More like tackling the long tail of small games with unusual needs. Check the manifest and you'll recognize more titles. That list is still disappointingly small, but you should probably ignore it: there are many many more working titles than this "officially-supported" list suggests.

FWIW, I've been playing Skyrim again since Steam integrated Proton. When I was playing it under plain Wine, there was a performance issue with loading new areas (that some people on Windows also suffered from). That issue is gone with Proton 3.7, but game mods didn't load (a big loss for that game). Now with Proton 3.16 everything works. But Skyrim is unlikely to ever get officially supported, because of all the mods that include binaries and make exhaustive testing impossible.

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Originally posted by lectrode View Post
    The 29 newly supported games:
    I've heard of 2 games on that list.. seems their going after all the small easy to test games first?

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied
    Originally posted by johanb View Post
    I see a few VR games in that list (such as Beat Sabre and Doom VFR), do they actually run well on Linux?
    I don't remember reading any Phoronix article about the VR patches for Xorg getting merged?
    There are many videos on Youtube that people plays Beat Saber on Proton. Doom VFR and Beat Saber were whitelisted in SteamPlay announcement.

Leave a comment:

• johanb
    replied
    I see a few VR games in that list (such as Beat Sabre and Doom VFR), do they actually run well on Linux?
    I don't remember reading any Phoronix article about the VR patches for Xorg getting merged?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Valve Rolls Out New Steam Play Proton 3.16 Beta, 29 More Games Supported

A new beta relase of Proton 3.16 is now available, the Wine-based software that powers Valve's Steam Play for running many Windows games on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...oton-3.16-Beta

Leave a comment:

• lectrode
    replied
    The 29 newly supported games:

322110 20XX
    717610 A Case of Distrust
    905200 Anime Dress Up
    505330 Apocalipsis
    3340 AstroPop Deluxe
    691830 Avernum 3: Ruined World
    104200 BEEP
    207690 Botanicula
    234080 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition
    365260 Crash Dive
    758190 Dragon Cliff
    587000 First Strike: Final Hour
    375530 Football Tactics & Glory
    771070 Infinos Gaiden
    510540 Long Gone Days
    910880 Mad Tower Tycoon
    788770 Meteor 60 Seconds!
    377860 Mushihimesama
    887880 O.C.D. - On Completeness & Dissonance
    824070 Objects in space
    94590 Puzzle Agent 2
    435120 Rusty Lake Hotel
    744190 Rusty Lake Paradise
    532110 Rusty Lake: Roots
    317280 Solstice
    40950 Stronghold HD
    676820 Subsurface Circular
    537520 SYMMETRY
    705220 Tactical Monsters Rumble Arena

Source: SteamPlay 2.0 Manifests
    (Specifically the history of changes from that page)

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    nice i was starting to think they forgot about proton

btw, did you go to the intel architecture day? ive only heard good things from people that did

Leave a comment:

• Valve Rolls Out New Steam Play Proton 3.16 Beta, 29 More Games Supported

Phoronix: Valve Rolls Out New Steam Play Proton 3.16 Beta, 29 More Games Supported

A new beta relase of Proton 3.16 is now available, the Wine-based software that powers Valve's Steam Play for running many Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X