Counter-Strike: GO Goes Battle Royale With Danger Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khnazile View Post

The only thing I'm sure of is that game worked fine before UI update. And even better in 2015, before they switched to 64bit.
    If the game feels laggy to you, try toggling the multi-core rendering option. When that option is on, on my system, I get a slightly higher fps but the game feels laggy. It's like an input delay has been added. I noticed that my friends with newer CPUs don't get this issue.

Also enable that option that puts the ingame UI into a more minimal mode. If there is less of the Panorama UI to render, then your performance should be slightly improved.

gl hf!

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
      Are you sure the issue isn't your CPU? I have a friend who has been playing on an Intel HD 4000 and getting a higher fps than me even though I have a discrete graphics card. The FPS difference is due to him having a faster CPU.
      The linux version is unplayable. For me at least. I have <60fps and a lot of stuttering when playing the linux version. Playing the windows version on the same PC, I have around 300fps and no stuttering at all. Pretty sure it's not a CPU issue There's something wrong in the linux version.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post

The linux version is unplayable. For me at least. I have <60fps and a lot of stuttering when playing the linux version. Playing the windows version on the same PC, I have around 300fps and no stuttering at all. Pretty sure it's not a CPU issue There's something wrong in the linux version.
        Ah. That's a shame.

I've been playing on a Windows machine. I have a dedicated Windows 7 gaming machine.

My plan is to get a new GNU/Linux gaming system to replace my Windows 7 one. I hope that the experience isn't much worse. However, I'm expecting that I will need to put in more work to get games working.

Comment

I play it on Linux without issues. FPS varies between almost 300 in some parts to about 150 in heavy gunfights. I play on an 4th gen I7 with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 750Ti.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
            Ah. That's a shame.

I've been playing on a Windows machine. I have a dedicated Windows 7 gaming machine.

My plan is to get a new GNU/Linux gaming system to replace my Windows 7 one. I hope that the experience isn't much worse. However, I'm expecting that I will need to put in more work to get games working.
            Other games I tried work fine. It's just CSGO for me that's not playable, at least not competitive.

Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post
            I play it on Linux without issues. FPS varies between almost 300 in some parts to about 150 in heavy gunfights. I play on an 4th gen I7 with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 750Ti.
            And no stuttering? Then I would say it's playable. Maybe it's a driver issue. So cybertraveler, get a nvidia card
            I have a AMD card. But it's like this since it came out for linux years ago and it even got worse not better with the new CS GO updates because the graphics improved and are more detailed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Okay, as an addition to OpenGL, that would be fine. But your last paragraph seems to indicate that you'd prefer them to ditch OpenGL in favor of going all-in with Vulkan. Or do I misinterpret that paragraph? That would remind me of Wolfenstein II where the devs dropped a perfectly fine OpenGL renderer in favor of Vulkan and regressed the gaming experience for (ex-) Kepler owners like me due to bad Nvidia Vulkan drivers. This only got better very recently with driver and game updates and rather late, that game was next to unplayable by default and needed a tuned config due to VRAM issues to run somewhat tolerable on the lowest settings with 720p.
              This sounds fine. If drivers are bad, then those drivers need to be fixed. If nothing significant used Vulkan, there would have been no pressure for nVidia to provide proper quality drivers.

Comment

And no stuttering? Then I would say it's playable. Maybe it's a driver issue. So cybertraveler, get a nvidia card
                I have a AMD card. But it's like this since it came out for linux years ago and it even got worse not better with the new CS GO updates because the graphics improved and are more detailed right now.
                I'd consider buying an NVIDIA card if they offered Open Source drivers.

I'm currently thinking about getting an RX 580/590 or a Vega card.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

This sounds fine. If drivers are bad, then those drivers need to be fixed. If nothing significant used Vulkan, there would have been no pressure for nVidia to provide proper quality drivers.
                  By the way, I've tried it out and the default performance in the menu was very bad as the other user noticed. Some tips to get it to a tolerable level: 1) override the default GL version string to 4.3 (or possibly even higher) 2) get it into fullscreen mode. To be honest, the gaming experience was still not as good as I expected it to be for such a old game.

Comment

On Gnome there is a bug that causes very poor performance which can be worked around by Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back. I don't know if it is still a problem but it definately was half a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X