Counter-Strike: GO Goes Battle Royale With Danger Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
    CS:GO is also popular with older systems where Vulkan is not available (e.g. R600). Dropping OpenGL would leave these users in the dust, so I doubt that this would be a good move.
    I own a system with R7 240 (Oland) - a low-end GCN-based GPU, and CS:GO was unplayable with it since their Panorama UI update. So, I doubt if Valve is really interested in low-spec players, at least on linux platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Particle View Post
      Has Valve made any official statement on wanting to get CS:GO ported to Source 2 with a Vulkan renderer like DOTA?
      They have said that they won't port CSGO fully to Source 2

https://np.reddit.com/r/The_Gaben/co...l_ama/dck9w16/

That doesn't rule out a Vulkan renderer, though

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post

I own a system with R7 240 (Oland) - a low-end GCN-based GPU, and CS:GO was unplayable with it since their Panorama UI update. So, I doubt if Valve is really interested in low-spec players, at least on linux platform.
        As it is free-to-play now, I'll try it out soon on my 6770M based notebook. If that update introduced a performance bug, affected people should report it to the devs to get them to fix it. The aforementioned problems with Wolfenstein II took over a year to get fixed. And as free-to-play titles target a large crowd (with older hardware), I guess Valve should care that it runs fine on every platform. Of course they can't test their game with every combination of hardware and OS out there, so reporting problems to get them to notice seems to be the way to go here (could also be a driver issue).
        Last edited by ms178; 07 December 2018, 04:41 AM.

Comment

CS:GO over to Vulkan with the Linux version still appearing to rely upon OpenGL.
          To be fair, CS:GO is more often than not GPU bound and a Vulkan render wouldn't give us much.

Comment

I do not understand you! Vulkan works much better than OpGL. I see no point in using OpGL in new games, because old cards without Vulkan support will not give a good gaming experience. I agree with the decision of Feral Interactiv to use only Vulkan. This will simplify development / support. Will give the best experience to LInux players.

Comment

There's a flag to go back to legacy UI. I'm in a rush and I don't remember it right now, but google it.

Comment

Originally posted by by.peroux View Post

To be fair, CS:GO is more often than not GPU bound and a Vulkan render wouldn't give us much.
                That is actrually not true at all.. CS:GO is only using 1 or 2 cores btw

Comment

Are you sure the issue isn't your CPU? I have a friend who has been playing on an Intel HD 4000 and getting a higher fps than me even though I have a discrete graphics card. The FPS difference is due to him having a faster CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

Are you sure the issue isn't your CPU? I have a friend who has been playing on an Intel HD 4000 and getting a higher fps than me even though I have a discrete graphics card. The FPS difference is due to him having a faster CPU.
                    The only thing I'm sure of is that game worked fine before UI update. And even better in 2015, before they switched to 64bit.

Comment

I never understood the appeal of Battle Royale type games, but hey I welcome more variety especially on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X