Unity Planning For A Very Busy 2019 With A Lot Of Game Engine Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity Planning For A Very Busy 2019 With A Lot Of Game Engine Improvements

Phoronix: Unity Planning For A Very Busy 2019 With A Lot Of Game Engine Improvements

Unity Tech recently presented at their Unite LA conference about their 2019 road-map. There is a ton they are planning for both gamers and developers utilizing their cross-platform game engine over the next year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Most notable improvement would be closing the asset store. The number of garbage asset flip games would drop significantly, and the reputation of the engine would improve.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Most notable improvement would be closing the asset store.
      But then the children won't be able to show off to their mummys that they are hot-shot game makers!

Comment

Unity is horrible engine, every single game that I tried to play have problems with performance. I wouldn't buy any more unity games.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
          Unity is horrible engine, every single game that I tried to play have problems with performance. I wouldn't buy any more unity games.
          Was a horrible engine and is finally cleaning up. Also, it is partly game dev's fault.

Comment

Surviving Mars and KSP are pretty awesome games

Comment

My favorite racing game of all time (Distance) was built with Unity. Insanely lean (less than 2 GB) and efficient without sacrificing graphics quality. I had no idea a game in Unity could be this good before I found it.

Disclaimer: not affiliated, just a big fan.

Comment

Working...
              X