No announcement yet.

Total War: Warhammer II AMD Radeon / NVIDIA GeForce Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game doesn't work for me at all, asked for a refund. It starts (after the feral launcher) only to show the first screen then switch to black, play an odd "ding" sound that seems to just be something that got cut off and stops black screened.

Typical linux experience, I'm running RX580 with ryzen 7. The only "unofficial" part is using arch linux which as some people keep claiming, "shouldn't matter since the runtime is provided" (good-un).

Another one bites the dust. This seems to be my experience with anything more demanding on linux lately. I'm really starting to think Feral should just jump ship to full Proton development instead of trying to fix the borked linux userland.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
      Game doesn't work for me at all, asked for a refund. It starts (after the feral launcher) only to show the first screen then switch to black, play an odd "ding" sound that seems to just be something that got cut off and stops black screened.

Typical linux experience, I'm running RX580 with ryzen 7. The only "unofficial" part is using arch linux which as some people keep claiming, "shouldn't matter since the runtime is provided" (good-un).

Another one bites the dust. This seems to be my experience with anything more demanding on linux lately. I'm really starting to think Feral should just jump ship to full Proton development instead of trying to fix the borked linux userland.
      Vulkan driver version? Works fine on my Fury (same generation kinda.) with Ryzen 7...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The test profile is from nvidia. I already asked them yesterday about 1080p vs 4k behavior and apparently its correct and did verify for these benchmarks rendering were at 4k. But will have more tests in days ahead.
        Perhaps in some setup but it's broken in your setup then.

Comment

You are talking bullshits. Arch Linux is pretty stable and it has fresh software. Every single game I tried runs without any problems.

Comment

Oh, really?

And guess what? You can install it with a single command - no PPA, no 8345734573 lines copy/paste, just "aurman -S mesa-git".

About the upgrades - I tested it and you can update once in a three month without any problems. Is this a problem for you to update in such large period? I don't think so. Arch Linux is FAR more flexible than any Debian/Ubuntu distribution.

Comment

Arch is far more simple than any .deb distro

Comment

After you install it and make your settings, Arch is the easiest distro ever. And if you are such a noob use a graphical installer.

Comment

Would like to see an update on the situation with the benches: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-2-linux&num=1

I'm sure you've read the comments on how they're all wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by gutigone View Post
                    Would like to see an update on the situation with the benches: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-2-linux&num=1

I'm sure you've read the comments on how they're all wrong...
                    That article was already updated earlier today [at the bottom of the first page] when receiving more information from Feral.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

That article was already updated earlier today [at the bottom of the first page] when receiving more information from Feral.
                      Burying updates at the bottom is not good, updates should be clearly labelled at the top, it should be the first thing people read in situations like this when the results are just completely wrong. Right now, it feels like you're burying it. As for your statement:
                      The original results are still available due to their value in comparison (and that the same configuration was used across all of the GPUs tested, so in that regard it is correct) of performance between GPUs while the second round of benchmarks will be published shortly.
                      There's no value in something claiming it's testing one thing when it's actually another because the details of it are just completely false. How can you honestly say there's value in completely incorrect results? Come on, you're better than this.

You're practically the authority on Linux benchmarking, I expect better. It's silly things like this, that stop me supporting each time I think about doing so.

Comment

Working...
                      X