Total War: Warhammer II AMD Radeon / NVIDIA GeForce Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ileonte View Post
    Maybe I'm blind but I don't see the RX480 in any of the charts.
    No it's not there. This happens quite often for some reason.

Also, why no 1080p? It's the most popular resolution, would make a lot more sense to show people what they're likely to see rather than what the minority would.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
      Whaaat... I get 37 FPS on medium 4k with my Fury. Granted I have an 1700X, but still....

Michael : you don't have resolution scale set to lower or something like that... ?
      My RX480 is as well quite different to the benchmarks of Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
        Is any way to run games like this Warhammer II or MadMax, Shadow of Mordor and etc. on Proton? Why I want run windows version and not native? Because most of this port just working very poorly and not have crossplatform multiplayer, so I prefer run it into WINE.
        Is this possible?
        Mad Max has a Vulkan renderer. It works good and performant. Enable it.

We’re crazy excited to announce that Mad Max is getting revved to utilise Vulkan, the Khronos Group’s next-generation gr<span class='overflowelipsis'>…</span>

Comment

Whaaat... I get 37 FPS on medium 4k with my Fury. Granted I have an 1700X, but still....

Michael : you don't have resolution scale set to lower or something like that... ?
          He runs it on Mesa 19 , though that kind of difference is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

I have mesa-git as well on Arch with a Ryzen 1700 (gamemode installed) and my results are minimum 50% worse... maybe I should test with the phoronix test suite again.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
              Is any way to run games like this Warhammer II or MadMax, Shadow of Mordor and etc. on Proton? Why I want run windows version and not native? Because most of this port just working very poorly and not have crossplatform multiplayer, so I prefer run it into WINE.
              Is this possible?
              Most here probably don't want to see this suggested but even having used linux for years, I highly suggest using windows 10 or seven to remedy what you are asking about, I go in phases honestly where I game like nobodies business beating games like Allen Wake, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 1 HD remake and Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice within one month. Nothing wrong with dual booting when you are a hardcore gamer. I go through phases where I use nothing but linux cause I just feel in the mood for using it and it only. No shame in using Windows for gaming honestly, but for the purest? honestly they might tell you different.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I have mesa-git as well on Arch with a Ryzen 1700 (gamemode installed) and my results are minimum 50% worse... maybe I should test with the phoronix test suite again.
                If multiple people are seeing much worse results, that perhaps suggests there's something off with the benchmarks here.

I just looked over at GoL (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...eractive.13001) who did 1080p and matched up the 980ti they are using.

At 1080p on Ultra GoL got 63.1FPS
                In the same benchmark, at 2160p on the same GPU Phoronix somehow only got ~3FPS less?

Looking properly at Phoronix's system, it's really beefy, far more powerful than likely 99% of Linux gamers methinks. This is why I dislike benchmarks on such a powerful systems, it doesn't really show us anything close to what we're likely to get (which is basically the point of such benchmarks, is it not?).

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

I'm also running Mesa 19, performance mode on the CPU, and the GPU. Overclocked CPU also...

Comment

Originally posted by gutigone View Post

If multiple people are seeing much worse results, that perhaps suggests there's something off with the benchmarks here.

I just looked over at GoL (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...eractive.13001) who did 1080p and matched up the 980ti they are using.

At 1080p on Ultra GoL got 63.1FPS
                    In the same benchmark, at 2160p on the same GPU Phoronix somehow only got ~3FPS less?

Looking properly at Phoronix's system, it's really beefy, far more powerful than likely 99% of Linux gamers methinks. This is why I dislike benchmarks on such a powerful systems, it doesn't really show us anything close to what we're likely to get (which is basically the point of such benchmarks, is it not?).
                    If I set Resolution Scale to 50% I get something very similar to Michael. Also, this setting doesn't change when you switch between the presets. So that's my guess...

Comment

If I set Resolution Scale to 50% I get something very similar to Michael. Also, this setting doesn't change when you switch between the presets. So that's my guess...
                      I did run a quick test with the phoronix test suite... even though it tells you it did run in 4k (see link below), I'm pretty sure this was on 1080p. Graphics looked quite worse than on real 4k.

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Working...
                      X