Total War: Warhammer II AMD Radeon / NVIDIA GeForce Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gutigone View Post

Burying updates at the bottom is not good, updates should be clearly labelled at the top, it should be the first thing people read in situations like this when the results are just completely wrong. Right now, it feels like you're burying it. As for your statement:

There's no value in something claiming it's testing one thing when it's actually another because the details of it are just completely false. How can you honestly say there's value in completely incorrect results? Come on, you're better than this.

You're practically the authority on Linux benchmarking, I expect better. It's silly things like this, that stop me supporting each time I think about doing so.
    It's not buying at all when it's labeled and always on the first page and where I always mark updates there.

There is certainly value in seeing how the RADV vs. NVIDIA performance is among GPUs... It's not that these results are just random or something like that, users can compare their own game performance against the graphics cards tested in that same configuration using PTS if they so desire to see relative performance in that comparison, etc. There is value, just that the sub-title of the graphs doesn't reflect what gamers would expect, but as noted, there will be new results coming out (later today) and at that time it will be redirecting to that new article. But moving these comments anyhow to that article thread rather than just trolling other threads.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It's not buying at all when it's labeled and always on the first page and where I always mark updates there.

There is certainly value in seeing how the RADV vs. NVIDIA performance is among GPUs... It's not that these results are just random or something like that, users can compare their own game performance against the graphics cards tested in that same configuration using PTS if they so desire to see relative performance in that comparison, etc. There is value, just that the sub-title of the graphs doesn't reflect what gamers would expect, but as noted, there will be new results coming out (later today) and at that time it will be redirecting to that new article. But moving these comments anyhow to that article thread rather than just trolling other threads.
      I still disagree about such an important update being at the bottom, still feels buried.

If the current article is simply going to turn into a link to the new one, then that's acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        AUR *-Git packages are setup to ALWAYS retrieve latest commits from trunk and update their version every time they're build.

The version visible in the webinterface is just whatever commit was latest the last time I uploaded a new version to the AUR.

TL;DR : binary builds (oibaf ppa) are static, source builds from trunk (aur mesa-git) are dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneVVolf View Post

AUR *-Git packages are setup to ALWAYS retrieve latest commits from trunk and update their version every time they're build.

The version visible in the webinterface is just whatever commit was latest the last time I uploaded a new version to the AUR.

TL;DR : binary builds (oibaf ppa) are static, source builds from trunk (aur mesa-git) are dynamic.
          He's a troll, don't feed it! You can tell he has no clue how arch works.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post

Vulkan driver version? Works fine on my Fury (same generation kinda.) with Ryzen 7...
            Whatever comes with latest from normal repoes. I keep up to date. The thing is I googled for "black screen after start" and it seems this time it's a cross-platform bug. Lots of windows people get it too, seems to be related to non-HDMI monitors and higher refresh rate monitors. I use standard 60hz but non HDMI.

Given this it's possible it's simply a game bug. Well they lost my money either way, I'm not going to fiddle with monitor setup for one game.

Version is Mesa: 18.2.4 (vulkan-radeon package specifically) just FYI
            Last edited by Almindor; 22 November 2018, 01:27 PM. Reason: add version info

Comment

Working...
            X