Total War: Warhammer II AMD Radeon / NVIDIA GeForce Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creative View Post
    I highly suggest using windows 10 or seven to remedy what you are asking about, Nothing wrong with dual booting when you are a hardcore gamer
    Hardcore gamers use a fast, light, stable, virus free and easy to maintain OS. You do not do much gaming when the virus hoover is scanning viruses, updating and is having BSOD. Virus hoover uses 1GB ram after boot and is slow.

Comment

Game doesn't work for me at all, asked for a refund. It starts (after the feral launcher) only to show the first screen then switch to black, play an odd "ding" sound that seems to just be something that got cut off and stops black screened.

Typical linux experience, I'm running RX580 with ryzen 7. The only "unofficial" part is using arch linux which as some people keep claiming, "shouldn't matter since the runtime is provided" (good-un).

Another one bites the dust. This seems to be my experience with anything more demanding on linux lately. I'm really starting to think Feral should just jump ship to full Proton development instead of trying to fix the borked linux userland.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
        Game doesn't work for me at all, asked for a refund. It starts (after the feral launcher) only to show the first screen then switch to black, play an odd "ding" sound that seems to just be something that got cut off and stops black screened.

Typical linux experience, I'm running RX580 with ryzen 7. The only "unofficial" part is using arch linux which as some people keep claiming, "shouldn't matter since the runtime is provided" (good-un).

Another one bites the dust. This seems to be my experience with anything more demanding on linux lately. I'm really starting to think Feral should just jump ship to full Proton development instead of trying to fix the borked linux userland.
        Vulkan driver version? Works fine on my Fury (same generation kinda.) with Ryzen 7...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The test profile is from nvidia. I already asked them yesterday about 1080p vs 4k behavior and apparently its correct and did verify for these benchmarks rendering were at 4k. But will have more tests in days ahead.
          Perhaps in some setup but it's broken in your setup then.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigone View Post
            Looking properly at Phoronix's system, it's really beefy, far more powerful than likely 99% of Linux gamers methinks. This is why I dislike benchmarks on such a powerful systems, it doesn't really show us anything close to what we're likely to get (which is basically the point of such benchmarks, is it not?).
            Here you have real life benchmark results, if you are interested different gpus and systems: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2683/page=1

The Superposition benchmark seems to be GPU neutral while the rest of games and benchmarks are nv biased.
            Last edited by debianxfce; 11-22-2018, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
              Arch Linux is unstable, does have old software and it is not compatible with the rest of the world. SteamOS and ubuntu are in the game requirements and they are Debian compatible. Use Debian testing/sid Xfce, OIbaf ppa Mesa git bionic version and latest AMD drm-next-4.xx-wip kernel. All native Linux games that I have from Steam does work, for example TombRaider 2013 and 2016, Rocket League, Hitman, Portal 2, Saints Row 2 and many others.
              Last edited by debianxfce; 11-22-2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

You are talking bullshits. Arch Linux is pretty stable and it has fresh software. Every single game I tried runs without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by mozo View Post
                  You are talking bullshits. Arch Linux is pretty stable and it has fresh software. Every single game I tried runs without any problems.
                  Arch Linux people say that you must upgrade the whole system frequently, otherwise it will break. Debian packaging system takes care that you can upgrade when you want and what you want. Mesa and kernels are older than OIbaf ppa and AMD have.
                  Last edited by debianxfce; 11-22-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Oh, really?
                    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mesa-git/

And guess what? You can install it with a single command - no PPA, no 8345734573 lines copy/paste, just "aurman -S mesa-git".

About the upgrades - I tested it and you can update once in a three month without any problems. Is this a problem for you to update in such large period? I don't think so. Arch Linux is FAR more flexible than any Debian/Ubuntu distribution.

Comment

2018-11-16 16:22
                      https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archiv...vers/+packages

3 hours ago

And guess what? You can install it with a single command - no PPA, no 8345734573 lines copy/paste, just "aurman -S mesa-git".
                      add-apt-repository -y "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/oibaf/graphics-drivers/ubuntu bionic main"
                      apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 5ABCE68FF4633EA42E219156957D2708A03A4626 ; gpg --export --armor 5ABCE68FF4633EA42E219156957D2708A03A4626 > /target/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/launchpad.asc

About the upgrades - I tested it and you can update once in a three month without any problems. Is this a problem for you to update in such large period? I don't think so.
                      You can upgrade Debian testing/sid every day or once in a year.

Arch Linux is FAR more flexible than any Debian/Ubuntu distribution.
                      Keep it simple stupid, too much flexibility causes problems.
                      Last edited by debianxfce; 11-22-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X