Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skkayman
    replied
    12072008 in the name of installer support this.. It was probably done three months before published

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Bow, what a lame solution, i prefer downloading the installer anyway. The game was cheap, bought the Win variant of course. Incl. shipping less than 7 ?. Of course not bundled with a seldmade cd with installer *g*
    Heh... The big deal is being able to obtain the Win variant. That's what this is- unfortunately, there's no rights access for a publisher to produce an "official" meatspace version for Linux. I'm just tickled that they (finally...) let Ryan provide it to us.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Bow, what a lame solution, i prefer downloading the installer anyway. The game was cheap, bought the Win variant of course. Incl. shipping less than 7 €. Of course not bundled with a seldmade cd with installer *g*

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth
    replied
    Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    If anyone has a copy of the tuxgames linux-flavor of Prey, could you pleaes post a link to a picture of that box? I'd like to see the linux logo on it.
    It wont have a logo on it, it'll be a windows version with a burnt CD with the installer because they don't have the rights to publish the game.

Edit: Blast you skkayman, beaten to it again!

Leave a comment:

• skkayman
    replied
    yeah, here it is in three resolutions
    http://dwn.ubik.sk/kayman/photos/linux_games/prey/

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    If anyone has a copy of the tuxgames linux-flavor of Prey, could you pleaes post a link to a picture of that box? I'd like to see the linux logo on it.

Leave a comment:

• skkayman
    replied
    they copy it from cd because when run something from cd, you cannot umount it and mount preydvd then

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    That's anyways a very bad practise. This entire script should be just:
    /bin/sh prey-installer-12072008.bin
    EDIT: That is unless the .bin file is a true binary and not a script/binary mix as it is commonly done.
    Last edited by Dragonlord; 10 February 2009, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skkayman
    replied
    Today arrived tuxgames.com prey edition. Surprise is that it's Soldout windows version with included CD with linux installer..
    and, unfortunately, there is bug in setup script
    Code:
    cp ./.prey-installer-12072008.bin /tmp
    chmod 700 /tmp/prey-installer-12072008.bin
    cd ..
    /tmp/prey-installer-12072008.bin
    installer is with dot at begining but it try to run without dot

But still, I am glad that I supported linux company and let's play it now! :P

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by mugginz View Post
    Anybody had any luck getting Prey to work on GMA950 based hardware?
    Sadly, you don't have enough muscle to play this game. Especially on the netbook you're trying it on. If it had a bit more GPU in it, you might have a chance- but with that GMA950, you might as well try something else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X