Prey Linux Retail Client Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    does anyone see any servers in multiplayer?
    I don't, it doesn't say it's hitting the master server in the console either.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
      does anyone see any servers in multiplayer?
      I can't find any games either

I also have the occasionall hickup, but there aren't many of them, and the game only pauses for a split second. The "problem" is barely worth noting.

All in all, a solid, stable port. Thanks, Icculus! (I already had the game and was playing it trough in wine. I wasn't too far in it yet, so I can play the rest native. Biggest improvement is that I now have surround sound in the game, where as wine only supported stereo )

I didn't have the tiny hiccups in wine, on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        That is because of how the dual-screen setup you're using is accomplishing things. The GL drivers think the display surface is one the size of the combined screen resolutions, and the accelerator splits the rendering surface between the screens. When you ask for a fullscreen surface in OpenGL, it uses the WHOLE surface resolution that you're utilizing in dual-screen and then sensibly centers it.

You're never going to get "proper" fullscreen with a dual-screen setup. It is going to always be split that way. Either live with that gap in the rendering, get a wider screen monitor that gives you most of the dual screen setup, or do it in a window...
        You left out the MetaMode option in Xorg.conf that works beautifully with nvidia's twinview

Comment

Has anyone had any success in running mods?

I've tried to run this one without success, it doesn't show up in the mods menu.

An episodic singleplayer Prey map pack - an interactivity-driven story based on the Prey engine, featuring the Portal Wrench

Comment

Patch version issue? I think that mod came out before the most recent patch (which IIRC was 1.3, and which the Linux version is already at). Does it work on Windows with the latest Prey patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
              I can't find any games either

I also have the occasionall hickup, but there aren't many of them, and the game only pauses for a split second. The "problem" is barely worth noting.

All in all, a solid, stable port. Thanks, Icculus! (I already had the game and was playing it trough in wine. I wasn't too far in it yet, so I can play the rest native. Biggest improvement is that I now have surround sound in the game, where as wine only supported stereo )

I didn't have the tiny hiccups in wine, on the other hand.
              I think the prey master servers are down. Probably they wont be put back online. So the only way right now to connect to a server is to manually connect or to use the direct IP option in the browser menu. There was a server i wanted to join, but i kept getting a "cant connect to pure server : no downloads offered" error. I looked it up, and that error occurs when the server cant find some pk4 files in the client's base dir. But i have a fresh install of prey, with no mods, with patch 1.4, so i dont know why i get that error.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                You left out the MetaMode option in Xorg.conf that works beautifully with nvidia's twinview
                This is indeed the source of the problem. If there's a meta-mode that describes just one of the screens in addition to the ones for both screens then it plays nice with the dual head setup.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Anybody had any luck getting Prey to work on GMA950 based hardware?

I've been trying to get it to work on an Acer Aspire One running Kubuntu 8.10 but haven't had much luck so far. The games into, and menu system are fine but once the game play is started the screen is rendered very darkly, almost completely black, and only in black and white for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
                    Anybody had any luck getting Prey to work on GMA950 based hardware?
                    Sadly, you don't have enough muscle to play this game. Especially on the netbook you're trying it on. If it had a bit more GPU in it, you might have a chance- but with that GMA950, you might as well try something else.

Comment

Today arrived tuxgames.com prey edition. Surprise is that it's Soldout windows version with included CD with linux installer..
                      and, unfortunately, there is bug in setup script
                      Code:
                      cp ./.prey-installer-12072008.bin /tmp
                      chmod 700 /tmp/prey-installer-12072008.bin
                      cd ..
                      /tmp/prey-installer-12072008.bin
                      installer is with dot at begining but it try to run without dot

But still, I am glad that I supported linux company and let's play it now! :P

Comment

Working...
                      X