Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Latest Steam Play Proton Beta Offers Up Useful Fixes

Phoronix: Valve's Latest Steam Play Proton Beta Offers Up Useful Fixes

Valve has ended out October with a very useful Proton beta update for Steam Play for enjoying Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm making games. Just out of curiosity - what do you mean by "output useful performance metrics"? How do you imagine the most helpful way to do that?

Comment

exposing NVIDIA graphics now to D3D games as AMD graphics in order to prevent Windows games from trying to load NVIDIA-specific Windows libraries
      LOL !

Comment

Wow, they are making some pretty fast progress here.
        I'm sure it's a very low priority, but I hope they get DX10 and proper surround sound working soon. It's a bit confusing, since there is working DX11 support, and I don't really understand how you can skip DX10 compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Wow, they are making some pretty fast progress here.
          I'm sure it's a very low priority, but I hope they get DX10 and proper surround sound working soon. It's a bit confusing, since there is working DX11 support, and I don't really understand how you can skip DX10 compatibility.
          Pretty sure there is a DXUP project to upconvert DX10 to DX11 so it can go via DXVK to Vulkan

Comment

Is there a newer game compatibility list than the one they showed at launch? I've been unable to find it.
            In 2010, we announced Steam Play: a way for Steam users to access Windows, Mac and Linux versions of Steam games with a single purchase. More than 3000 of the games that have been added to Steam after that point have included Linux support, with more titles being added every day. Since then, we've continued to look for ways to make more titles easily accessible to Linux users.

Comment

Wut, I just wanted to paste a link... And there is no edit button on mobile...

Comment

Originally posted by Otus View Post
                Wut, I just wanted to paste a link... And there is no edit button on mobile...
                Rotate your device to landscape mode.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post

exposing NVIDIA graphics now to D3D games as AMD graphics in order to prevent Windows games from trying to load NVIDIA-specific Windows libraries
                  LOL !
                  Is it possible to re-implement some of the NVIDIA-specific libraries? This would also give games a possible performance boost under AMD cards.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

Pretty sure there is a DXUP project to upconvert DX10 to DX11 so it can go via DXVK to Vulkan
                    Thats not developed anymore since it is included in dxvk now. Biggest issue is the d3dcompiler dll that is needed by most dx10 games. Otherwise it should be there.

Comment

Working...
                    X