Steam Linux Usage For September Revised Slightly Higher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by some_canuck View Post
    obligatory "still waiting for my first survey, and its been at least a year"
    Got mine this week - can't wait for the October numbers

Maybe disabling starting in big picture helped.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      you know market is just 3.75 times smaller than osx when you can divide 2.93 by 0.78. say again, is osx doomed on desktop?
      Pretty sure that OS X sites about 12% market share total whereas Linux sits about 1.5% and chromebooks at 1% even if we add in chromebooks its a 5x larger market.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        Pretty sure that OS X sites about 12% market share total whereas Linux sits about 1.5% and chromebooks at 1% even if we add in chromebooks its a 5x larger market.
        I have no idea where you pulled those numbers from. Must be an Apple fanboy.

I know Linux is at least 2% and crappy mac below 10%, and netmarketshare confirms it's still true.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          I have no idea where you pulled those numbers from. Must be an Apple fanboy.

I know Linux is at least 2% and crappy mac below 10%, and netmarketshare confirms it's still true.
          I googled it. found http://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share and it seems plausible given the numbers I have been seeing over the years.

as for your slight about being an Apple Fanboy... I am not - but I am also not going to rile on people for their OS of choice

Comment

Originally posted by Sniperfox47 View Post
            Considering the laptop space is still growing and the desktop space grew for the first time in years due to gaming machine sales, it's pretty safe to say that general Windows usage is up too, not just Steam Windows usage.
            no, it is not safe to say that when desktops(including laptops) were declining for several years. and the only growing laptop market was chromebooks

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
              I googled it. found http://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share and it seems plausible given the numbers I have been seeing over the years.
              But that says OS X is below 6% so what am I missing?

Nevermind, it includes mobile data, bleh.

Comment

Working...
              X