Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Is Bringing Life is Strange 2 To Linux In 2019

Phoronix: Feral Is Bringing Life is Strange 2 To Linux In 2019

Just days after announcing Total War: Three Kingdoms for Linux and releasing Life is Strange: Before The Storm, Feral Interactive has announced they will be bringing Life is Strange 2 to Linux (and macOS) in 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

YES!!! I just finished #1 (not done Before The Storm yet) and it was incredible so I was majorly hoping to hear this news. Really didn't expect to hear it so soon. Thanks for being awesome, Feral!

While I'm here, there was one slightly annoying glitch with the first one. A couple of key scenes had no voices but luckily I had the subtitles on. I gather this happens on some surround sound setups, which seems likely. I tried setting up a stereo remapped PulseAudio sink but it didn't help. Hopefully not an issue in the later games.
    Last edited by Chewi; 01 October 2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
      YES!!! I just finished #1 (not done Before The Storm yet) and it was incredible so I was majorly hoping to hear this news. Really didn't expect to hear it so soon. Thanks for being awesome, Feral!

While I'm here, there was one slightly annoying glitch with the first one. A couple of key scenes had no voices but luckily I had the subtitles on. I gather this happens on some surround sound setups, which seems likely. I tried setting up a stereo remapped PulseAudio sink but it didn't help. Hopefully not an issue in the later games.
      You might like to watch this video:

"Square is basically the only publisher who didn't want to change anything about the game," Dontnod Creative Director Jean-Maxime Moris said. "We had other p...

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
        I've had this glitch too, and I also have a surround-sound setup. Although playing in surround sound would be ideal, I felt playing it in stereo didn't really hurt the experience much. This isn't exactly action packed, and pretty much all the action you need to see happens right in front of you.

So far, this is the only game I have that's broken in surround sound. Other games either support it just fine, only play in stereo, or have a weird lack of bass (despite enabling the bass enhancement in the PA settings).

EDIT:
        Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Pulseaudio is buggy and takes cpu resources, use alsa.
        PA takes up a negligible amount of system resources on a PC dedicated to gaming. Also keep in mind Chewi has a surround system. I'm not sure if you're aware, but ALSA is frustratingly difficult to configure such a setup. If you have surround sound, you kind of need to use PA.
        Overall, I don't think PA would exist (or at least, I don't think it'd be as popular as it is now) if ALSA wasn't such an utter nightmare to configure. ALSA, IMO, has the most convoluted configuration in all of modern Linux software. PA helps ease some of that pain.
        Last edited by schmidtbag; 01 October 2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Great news, Life is Strange worked brilliantly on my Ubuntu setup and can't wait for number 2

Comment

Are there news about if they are gonna finally support AMD gpus?

Comment

Originally posted by adelpozoman View Post
              Meaning what? The first game runs perfectly smoothly on radeonsi.

Comment

Before the Storm was officially supported on AMD by Feral, as was Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Comment

Feral does right?

LOL if they can't support AMD in 2018 they should be boycotted

Comment

This game is essentially leftist propaganda - Linux would be better off without it.

Comment

Working...
                    X