X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r0ck
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Erm... Steam works like a charm? In what world are you living? Doesn't look like this one here.
    Well, I'm a full time Linux user so I rarely use steam at all but just the past weekend I bought The Orange Box deal for 10? and even with Wine I had no problems installing, downloading or starting it. It wouldn't run because Wine is mostly shit in a bucket but that's a different story.

I can't say anything about how well Steam works (or doesn't) for every day gaming use but the few times I get my single player games from them it was a breeze to use.

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by r0ck View Post
    I wrote to the Postal 3 devs a few days back and asked them if there will actually be a Source engine on Linux and if other Source titles will be available on the platform too and their answer was:

"we are definately working towards this! keep in touch!"

Since I can't imagine a setup in which Valve would sell their titles without Steam and the Steam platform itself should be the easiest part to port to Linux I still see this happening later this year.
    I doubt that we'll see any of Valve's titles on Linux beyond their dedicated servers, of course which is probably the cause for the "ZOMG! AN ESS HO VEE VILL GET LINOOX CLIUNT SOON!" article.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Erm... Steam works like a charm? In what world are you living? Doesn't look like this one here.

Leave a comment:

• r0ck
    replied
    Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    dont expect it to be an good. I remember when steam came out originally; It was downright awful. It will take time for them to get it right.
    Well, the difference between these two situations is that when Steam was originally released for Windows it was a new thing. It had to be built from the ground up and they didn't have much experience with this type of content platform. Many years have passed and Steam works like a charm for me. Valve has had lots of experience with Steam as a software and you shouldn't forget that back then it was just an addition to their regular business. Nowadays Steam IS most of their business.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Steam all I want is a working full Source engine on Ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• L33F3R
    replied
    dont expect it to be an good. I remember when steam came out originally; It was downright awful. It will take time for them to get it right.

Leave a comment:

• r0ck
    replied
    I wrote to the Postal 3 devs a few days back and asked them if there will actually be a Source engine on Linux and if other Source titles will be available on the platform too and their answer was:

"we are definately working towards this! keep in touch!"

Since I can't imagine a setup in which Valve would sell their titles without Steam and the Steam platform itself should be the easiest part to port to Linux I still see this happening later this year.

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Originally posted by Forge View Post
    I can officially confirm the confirmation that nothing was confirmed. We hope for further confirmation, perhaps even affirmation, but that's unconfirmed at this time.
    And that was the only thing that has been confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• Forge
    replied
    I can officially confirm the confirmation that nothing was confirmed. We hope for further confirmation, perhaps even affirmation, but that's unconfirmed at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Wait, that hasnt been confirmed.
    Wait, that hasn't been...er...It's a fair cop...

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    It is confirmed that nothing is confirmed.
    Wait, that hasnt been confirmed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X