Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Is Strange: Before The Storm Is Now Out For Linux

Phoronix: Life Is Strange: Before The Storm Is Now Out For Linux

Feral Interactive released today Life is Strange: Before the Storm for Linux and macOS...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ge-Storm-Linux

Hi Michael,
    Do you also plan to provide some benchmarks ?

Comment

Played an hour so far on an unsupported setup (16.04, mesa 18.0, RX 480). Main problem is the jaggies even with highest AA. I suppose something refuses to apply it.

Comment

Originally posted by Otus View Post
        Played an hour so far on an unsupported setup (16.04, mesa 18.0, RX 480). Main problem is the jaggies even with highest AA. I suppose something refuses to apply it.
        IIRC the game had the same issue on all platforms. I don't think there were any real anti-aliasing options besides the mostly useless FXAA.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
          Hi Michael,
          Do you also plan to provide some benchmarks ?
          Honestly, I don't see the point in benchmarking this. It's undemanding on the hardware and most people will probably play it locked at 60fps pretty much regardless of hardware.

Edit: Also, I don't think it's benchmark friendly. There's no built in benchmark mode.
          Last edited by Brisse; 09-13-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Honestly, I don't see the point in benchmarking this. It's undemanding on the hardware and most people will probably play it locked at 60fps pretty much regardless of hardware.
            You're right.. I was just curious as this is using OpenGL.

Comment

Performance shouldn't be a problem, I played its predecessor on an Intel HD Graphics 620 - runs okayish.

Comment

Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post
                Performance shouldn't be a problem, I played its predecessor on an Intel HD Graphics 620 - runs okayish.
                Life is Strange was based on the Unreal Engine 3 and Before the Storm uses Unity 5 (currently 5.6.5f1). Life is Strange 2 will probably be UE4-title, because Captain Spirit already uses this engine. So, from a technical point of view, we have three completely different games.
                In my opinion LiS:BtS has overall good performance, although there are also worse optimized parts, like the scrolling text on the main screen (sic!).

Comment

LiS BTS did produced a lot of DirectX related crash on Windows and not just for me, while the original LiS game did not crashed at all. I hope the Linux version will be better with OpenGL

Comment

Can't tell what in the world the game is about from the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                    X