No announcement yet.

Blade Symphony Looks To Be An Impressive Sword Fighting Title For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Symphony Looks To Be An Impressive Sword Fighting Title For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Blade Symphony Looks To Be An Impressive Sword Fighting Title For Linux Gamers

A big update to Blade Symphony game is due out later this month that is bringing Linux support to this game currently in beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm sorry to say but this is far from an impressive title.
    The Controls are terrible and unintuitive.
    The character animations rigid and unpleasant
    The textures are just ok at best
    I haven't played ina while but could make a list.

TLDR it's honestly not fun to play unless you enjoy Controls that are painful just so you can brag you mastered them. The trailer makes it seem great but it's so far from it.

I think the devs had a fantastic idea with this game, and it could've been great. It feels unpolished, unfinished, and rather messy.

If you wish to support the game for future updates and to just support a Linux developer that is fine but don't expect something that feels finished.
    I don't mean to just seem like I'm bashing these guys, I think this could eventually be good, just not right now in my opinion.

Reviews don't seem to agree with my sentiments, which is fine. I guess i just have a different idea of good controls, etc.

I'd personally give ita 6/10, not deserving of less than 5, but not in the 8-10/10 score range.

Comment

This game still alive?? Color me impressed

Comment

Easy buy for me on humble bundle w/sale. I'm open to adding Phoronix Steam friends, just pm me for id..

Comment

Originally posted by Echoa View Post

TLDR it's honestly not fun to play unless you enjoy Controls that are painful just so you can brag you mastered them. The trailer makes it seem great but it's so far from it.

I think the devs had a fantastic idea with this game, and it could've been great. It feels unpolished, unfinished, and rather messy.

If you wish to support the game for future updates and to just support a Linux developer that is fine but don't expect something that feels finished.
          I don't mean to just seem like I'm bashing these guys, I think this could eventually be good, just not right now in my opinion.

Reviews don't seem to agree with my sentiments, which is fine. I guess i just have a different idea of good controls, etc.

I'd personally give ita 6/10, not deserving of less than 5, but not in the 8-10/10 score range.
          Guess they got distracted by the "So many cool looking swords!! ZOMG"

Comment

Originally posted by Echoa View Post

this game takes on the sword fighting of the star wars games, and like any games that leans on the competitive side, it prioritizes balance over animations smoothing and characther depth over easy controls, that's my 2c

Comment

Working...
            X