X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waxhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Imroy View Post

It ran fine from release on my Sid box with AMD Radeon (R7 260X) graphics. I do compile my own Mesa and LLVM though. How behind is Mesa in Testing?
    Mesa is at v18.5.1 apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Imroy
    replied
    Originally posted by waxhead View Post
    I wish this thing could run out of the box on Debian. The superposition benchmark does not run on "stock" Debian (Testing) yet....
    It ran fine from release on my Sid box with AMD Radeon (R7 260X) graphics. I do compile my own Mesa and LLVM though. How behind is Mesa in Testing?

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Yeah I heard their quite closed source and don't allow the community to just use their engine openly freely.
    I mean sure you pay something or a royalty system when you have a title that is worth selling but most people just want to play around first.

No vulkan kinda breaks the deal also. And I hear the dev tools are harder to use then Unreal, takes you longer to build a game...

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    They choose not to pursuit the indie market. So that leaves them with the AAA game market and the professional simulation market, witch have big names like Epic's Unreal and Crytek's CryEngine. So is not surprising that they do not got a lot of attention on the gaming world.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Righteous
    replied
    I was always very impressed with Unigine and I still wonder why we don't see it used more to create games. It always seems to be Unity, Unreal, or Cryengine or a developers in house game engine is what we see.
    I'm just a spectator on this; maybe a developer more familiar can comment.

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    I wish this thing could run out of the box on Debian. The superposition benchmark does not run on "stock" Debian (Testing) yet....

Leave a comment:

• Unigine 2.7.2 Brings Improved Particle System, Better Multi-Channel Rendering

Phoronix: Unigine 2.7.2 Brings Improved Particle System, Better Multi-Channel Rendering

Unigine, the beautiful and Linux-friendly engine for games as well as VR and industrial training/simulation applications, has outed their latest engine update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X