Sound Blaster Recon3D Finally Seeing Better Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How one debugs audio issues in Linux?

My low end laptop when using the headphone only works on the right side, and it's not an issue with the headphone as it works flawlessly on my smartphone

Comment

Hi! I'm the person who wrote this patch. I previously added support for the Sound Blaster Z and Recon3Di, so the Recon3D wasn't all that much extra work. I'm now working on getting the AE-5 supported, and eventually hope to get the ZxR.

Creative shut down their forums not too long ago due to them getting hacked, this site may be a better way to get in contact with Linux users of this card.

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      How one debugs audio issues in Linux?

My low end laptop when using the headphone only works on the right side, and it's not an issue with the headphone as it works flawlessly on my smartphone
      Depends on what the onboard card is. That issue sounds like it's likely the physical port, but if your onboard sound is under the Intel HD Audio standard (which I'd suspect it is) you can use tools like hda-analyzer to poke around with it to see if any HDA stuff is the issue. But, it really just depends. Don't have enough information on your specific hardware.

Comment

I hope it works with the other SoundCore 3D hardware. I'd like to build a Windows/Linux gaming box that uses the onboard version of the Recon3D.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
          I hope it works with the other SoundCore 3D hardware. I'd like to build a Windows/Linux gaming box that uses the onboard version of the Recon3D.
          I have quite a few different onboard Recon3D devices supported. They're under Recon3Di. The only issue I know of is that some have issues getting surround sound, which I haven't tracked down yet because I've been busy getting the other cards working.

Comment

Working...
          X