Civ5/BE players out here? Got bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ5/BE players out here? Got bugs?

I've been getting segfaults on Gentoo in 4 kinds of scenarios with this game (it's more or less the same code base):
    - 32bit libxcb is compiled without stack realignment (segfault in libxcb)
    - 32bit PulseAudio, same condition (segfault in pthreads)
    - 32bit glibc is compiled with IFUNC (proxy for functions with multiple implementations, chooses optimal implementation based on detected hardware)
    - even if I manage to overcome all of these issues, the game will crash at random due to FX/Granny trying to render something on the screen. This crash in particular doesn't trigger every single time you render landmarks or animate leaders, but has a high chance to trigger in such an event, and no other event seems to be triggering this crash.

Aspyr's position on fixing Civ5/BE is that unless the bug triggers on Ubuntu 16.04 or newer, they will not fix it.

I've managed to trigger another bug, this time on Ubuntu 18.04 for x86 right when the main menu is supposed to appear.

So my question is, are there other Civ5/BE players that are experiencing issues with these games? Is this just an issue limited to Gentoo with unforgiving optimizations and Ubuntu?

I still play BE sometimes, and haven't had any problems on Gentoo other than the texture issue which goes away with a settings change. It does require CURL_SSL="gnutls" or it won't launch. I use a pretty vanilla config ~amd64 on a few packages, and -O2 with -march=native.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoog View Post
      I've been getting segfaults on Gentoo in 4 kinds of scenarios with this game (it's more or less the same code base):
      - 32bit glibc is compiled with IFUNC (proxy for functions with multiple implementations, chooses optimal implementation based on detected hardware)
      - even if I manage to overcome all of these issues, the game will crash at random due to FX/Granny trying to render something on the screen. This crash in particular doesn't trigger every single time you render landmarks or animate leaders, but has a high chance to trigger in such an event, and no other event seems to be triggering this crash.

Aspyr's position on fixing Civ5/BE is that unless the bug triggers on Ubuntu 16.04 or newer, they will not fix it.

I've managed to trigger another bug, this time on Ubuntu 18.04 for x86 right when the main menu is supposed to appear.

So my question is, are there other Civ5/BE players that are experiencing issues with these games? Is this just an issue limited to Gentoo with unforgiving optimizations and Ubuntu?
      I think I am also facing this issue.

Did you get any proper solution?

The questions myself too, no experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney725 View Post

I think I am also facing this issue.

Did you get any proper solution?

The questions myself too, no experiences?
        Any suggestion ???

Comment

Originally posted by rmoog

I've managed to trigger another bug, this time on Ubuntu 18.04 for x86 right when the main
          assignment writing help menu is supposed to appear. So my question is, are there other Civ5/BE players that are experiencing issues with these games? Is this just an issue limited to Gentoo with unforgiving optimizations and Ubuntu?
          Hi there,

I faced a lot of bugs on Ubuntu 14.04 But then I installed Ubuntu 18.04 and it works fine. Also: I couldn't start the game properly. Here's the fix (in case someone is looking for the solution): before starting the game, add this to launch options:
          MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.0 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=400 %command%
          But after I exit the game, it's still running. So I end the process manually through the System Monitor.
          Last edited by moonkrj; 22 July 2019, 02:00 AM. Reason: solution

Comment

Originally posted by rmoog View Post

Thank you for this post.

Did it work for you, I still facing some issue.

Comment

Working...
            X