Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Games Rolls Out Unreal Engine 4.20

Phoronix: Epic Games Rolls Out Unreal Engine 4.20

Epic Games has today rolled out Unreal Engine 4.20 as the latest version of their Linux-friendly, cross-platform game engine while also promoting Unreal Studio 4.20 to beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Linux-friendly", hehe

Comment

My hate for Fortnite is so unbelievably strong it can't be normal. I hate also that Epic has paused everything on UT for this trendy fad game.

And I'm usually not one of these kinds of people that bitches like this (well, I do tend to bitch a lot), but I hate everything about it and I get why they do it because it makes money but doesn't mean I have to like it. *takes deep breath*

Comment

Linux friendly engine, but their own game Fortnite is not released for Linux... Really sad

Comment

Are there UE4 game Linux ports which aren't shitty?

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
            My hate for Fortnite is so unbelievably strong it can't be normal. I hate also that Epic has paused everything on UT for this trendy fad game.
            I understand (I have a similar dislike for Unity).
            Try not to focus on how Epic Games makes their money. At the end of the day in this climate they cannot be above shamelessly sucking money out of the "trendy kids". Otherwise they simply wont survive.

Try to look at the positive. Unlike Unity, Epic Games allows access to the source for their fantastic tools. Again unlike Unity, these kind of tools are actually viable for AAA game studios and not just to suck money out of "prosumers".

Try to think of Fortnite just as a funding drive and nothing more. It is not actually intended for people like you and I.
            Last edited by kpedersen; 18 July 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Is UE4 supporting Wayland, somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                Are there UE4 game Linux ports which aren't shitty?
                Everspace has been really good

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                  Is UE4 supporting Wayland, somehow?
                  Not long ago, it didn't even support all graphics effects that are available with DX11 on OpenGL (and perhaps still doesn't?).

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

And I'm usually not one of these kinds of people that bitches like this (well, I do tend to bitch a lot), but I hate everything about it and I get why they do it because it makes money but doesn't mean I have to like it. *takes deep breath*
                    :P the way you phrased that made me laugh. Thanks for the chuckle.

I get similar feelings about hipsters.

Comment

Working...
                    X