Feral Is Bringing Total War: WARHAMMER 2 To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    Bethesda does not do Linux, pretty sure that is policy in their development circle. Quite unfortunate, little worried their future games might be DX12 only also, which is a NASTY ouch for Vulkan and Linux gamers.
    DX12 should provide better gains when translated to Vulkan (via Wine's vkd3d) than DX9 or DX11. It's not as good as Vulkan (like DOOM), but better situation than with the majority of titles these days.

So what's so NASTY about it?

Comment

Often dx12 titles go via MS store, not supported under Linux last time I checked. Also vkd3d is far from ready or even proven!

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        DOOM works fine in Wine and without even performance hits. So who the fuck cares?
        I care.

Since it has literally no barrier at tech side for coming to Linux , i didn't buy it to play with Wine.

In fact , i don't buy games to work them with Wine.

Comment

DX12 should provide better gains when translated to Vulkan (via Wine's vkd3d) than DX9 or DX11. It's not as good as Vulkan (like DOOM), but better situation than with the majority of titles these days.

So what's so NASTY about it?
          DX12 only apps would be MS Store only. But more important from that , VKD3D is not ready. No one can rely on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

I care.

Since it has literally no barrier at tech side for coming to Linux , i didn't buy it to play with Wine.

In fact , i don't buy games to work them with Wine.
            Apparently the only thing you don't get is, the developers don't want to support Linux. Many game developers hate Linux.

Comment

DOOM works fine in Wine and without even performance hits. So who the fuck cares?
              Shhh! People are willing to pay Linux developers to make Linux ports. Who are you to ask what people do with their time and money?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Apparently the only thing you don't get is, the developers don't want to support Linux. Many game developers hate Linux.
                So they don't get my money. And life goes on because there is more important things to worry about.

Comment

And many developers supports Linux also. My money is going for them yet i still play the games of these devs " don't want to support Linux " via Wine. I just don't buy them.

If they one day decide to support Linux , i will buy these games too. Not now.

And also , i'm just pretty happy with my game portion on Linux and more than enough for me

Comment

Game developers currently have more support from microsoft on Linux with visual studio code for Ue4 and Unity3d than any Linux solution. Game engines recommend Ubuntu and Autodesk products like Maya ,motion builder etc only support rhel/centos. What's not to hate?

Linux to busy competing with itself to even be a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                      Often dx12 titles go via MS store, not supported under Linux last time I checked. Also vkd3d is far from ready or even proven!
                      "Future games" was the subject, and those are "far from ready or even proven" as well.

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
                      Shhh! People are willing to pay Linux developers to make Linux ports.
                      A minority who's a drop in the bucket to the developers? Purists always think they, or their money, are more important than anyone else's, especially a Windows user's.

If I was a dev and someone whined "I can use your product perfectly fine on Linux, but I don't want to use Wine to do so, because reasons!" I would definitely never consider doing anything for him. Demanding extra work from the developer when he HAS a solution that he refuses to use? What audacity.

Of course, money speaks, but Linux "Purists" aren't exactly significant in that regard, sorry to burst your bubble.

Comment

Working...
                      X