Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

Phoronix: One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

It was one year ago to the day that Unreal Tournament 3 had shipped in North America. This title created by Epic Games was originally supposed to come with the Linux binaries on the game's DVD but that didn't happen and the UT3 Linux server arrived a month late...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

It was one year ago to the day that Unreal Tournament 3 had shipped in North America. This title created by Epic Games was originally supposed to come with the Linux binaries on the game's DVD but that didn't happen and the UT3 Linux server arrived a month late...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njg2NQ
    Games for Windows ... need I say more?

/scnr

Comment

Yeeehaw! For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, that everyone can deny.

Bah... who ordered cold tears for drinks? lol.

Comment

if they think i'm stupid enough to buy this game after 1 year it came out they're wrong.
        Last edited by bulletxt; 19 November 2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
          Yeeehaw! For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, that everyone can deny.

Bah... who ordered cold tears for drinks? lol.
          Lets all party!!!!!! ut3 linuxless 1st anniversary!! Anyone wanna send cliffyb a special something delivered directly to his door as a thank you??

Comment

I seriously doubt UT3 will have the linux version get past the legal department, because last i knew some middle ware was causing issues.

Comment

Well, in any case, i'd like to personally thank Michael Larabel and the entire Phoronix site and team, as well as everyone who posts and browses these boards, for providing a great place for linux users to vent their frustrations at the lack of a linux client for ut3 freely, and to provide (mostly) "constructive criticism". Great job guys!

Comment

Epic is that woman that strings a guy along for months on end, a tease, that never commits. Dump the bitch IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  Well, in any case, i'd like to personally thank Michael Larabel and the entire Phoronix site and team, as well as everyone who posts and browses these boards, for providing a great place for linux users to vent their frustrations at the lack of a linux client for ut3 freely, and to provide (mostly) "constructive criticism". Great job guys!
                  Yes, thank you Phoronix for providing a place where we can discuss this issue without worry of censorship. Thank you for commenting on this issue from time to time, and for consistently providing us with high quality articles on many subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    Epic is that woman that strings a guy along for months on end, a tease, that never commits. Dump the bitch IMO.
                    At least a woman like that will flash her cleavage every once and while and keep insisting that they exist.

Comment

Working...
                    X