No announcement yet.

One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and no. Sure the administration is responsible for a lot of the mess but why did the financial crisis arise? Just because of the government? Nope, it's of what we call "buying on pump" ( auf Pump kaufen ). The way buying/selling stuff is handled by the people of America has been a large reason for the break down. Even with a cranked up system ( as the banking system is ) using a proper buy/sell paradigm would prevent a lot of this "foul money" issue.

So I stay with what I said beforehand.

Comment

Or you can just say Paulson is stupid and Greenspan is to be blamed. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
        Even with a cranked up system ( as the banking system is ) using a proper buy/sell paradigm would prevent a lot of this "foul money" issue.
        But if there was a proper buy/sell paradigm then the filthy rich wouldn't get filthy stinking rich off the system, and we just can't have that. We don't want our multi-millionaires to have to switch from Helmans to Miracle Whip. Why, just think of the chaos that would cause in tuna-salad sandwiches everywhere. It is not unlike the chaos caused by linux users being forced to delay gratification in their wait for UT3, its just not pretty...

Comment

My de-obfuscator just failed on the above post... somebody deciphers?

Comment

Know what, I have an idea on how the world should be run too.
            *Ahem*
            We should have make deliberate stupidity a crime with very harsh punishment.
            Last edited by superppl; 23 November 2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              My de-obfuscator just failed on the above post... somebody deciphers?
              It was drowning in serious sarcasm...the Miracle Whip's what the "common folk" eat and Helmans' is one of the "premium" brands of Mayonnaise.

Brass tacks, somewhere along the lines someone (Democrats, I believe, surprisingly) made a change in the corporation tax codes that made it generally unprofitable for companies to give out dividends and made it such that the only way to extract any value from an investment in shares in a company is to SELL the shares. When companies talk of "Shareholder Value" they might/might not be thinking it's that- but in the end, they're talking about "Shareseller Value".

Can't undo that because the people misusing that whole degenerate process can't keep making more money off of it. Unfortunately, it's not sustainable and it was the same sort of crap that brought about the Great Depression in the first place.
              Last edited by Svartalf; 24 November 2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                We should have make deliberate stupidity a crime with very harsh punishment.
                It used to have a very harsh punishment (Often short, painful, and pretty final- see the 'tard that used a Black and Decker Electric Lawnmower for a hedge trimmer...), but we've legislated and litigated (See the lawsuit by the aforementioned Darwin Award runner-up or the one with the elderly lady and McDonalds over their coffee...) our way into allowing all sorts of stupidity to go unpunished...

Comment

Damn, i think i reached the wrong board. I thought this was the board about linux and f/oss, didnt know it was a political current affaird boards, sorry.

Comment

Anyone wants to do petition to sign and send to Epic?
                    Let's show them that there are many linux gamers who would like to buy games with at least native linux binaries (if source code is impossible).

Comment

Petitions are not the way to get companies attention. Direct contact is more effective. Besides, Epid does know what to expect from the Linux croud, they have had UT2004 collect satistics about OS and have a pretty good idea of how the game did on Linux. Plus from the looks of it, UT3 isn't worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                      X