0 A.D. Alpha 23 Released As One Of The Leading Open-Source Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
    Come on you guys. As far I am concern game they could name it prealpha-0.0.0.0.1-developers_peak as long as they keep working on it like they do and keep adding new fun stuff.

PS I wish in that new map with barbarian city there was an option that all nations could play together to defend Gaia as it is impossible to win in that game with them even on medium level. It took me 3 hours on one level lower and I am no newb at this game.
    The thing is, games like these are mainly multiplayer games, and if there is no healthy multiplayer community around the game, there is no point in making it. Playing vs bots gets old fast.

They are never going to get a mainstream audience to try this game as long as they advertise it as alpha. And it is sad because optimization issues aside it is in a relatively good state for a 1.0 release. They can keep working on it afterwards. Numbers matter for marketing and hype... Don't forget, the video game industry is a HYPE industry. People buy smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
      There never was a year 0 A. D. The system starts at 1 A. D. The year before would be 1 B. C.

That's why the year 2000 was the last of the second millennium and the twentieth century.
      That's precisely why the game is called 0 A.D.

Comment

Working...
      X