Wine-Staging 3.8 Gets Fixes For Star Citizen, Direct3D 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    One net etiquette rule is to keep messages short. Nobody are interested your long essays.
    Really less people are interested in your posts most of the time. Some of my longer posts are quite highly rated.

Reality is most of the things that cause bugs to fail be looked at in wine bugzilla cause them to fail in other projects.
    1) Using a fork with min developers.
    2) Not including all information to repeat issue that causes bug.
    Reason why wine project added the appdb link back to bugzilla to fix this so application version comes from this. But you did not put version of application in bug post either. Yes you include wine version and video card version but you don't include application version. This meant someone doing bug triage could not decide to fix the bug report because you did not include the information to link it to correct appdb entry. Of course it better if it done right and does not consume bug triage time.
    3) Lack of follow up by person submitting bug so not show need/interest in the bug being fix.

Those 3 is what debianxfce did expected out come was going to be insanely rare for the bug to be fixed.. Would not matter if it was wine or any project. So like it or not debianxfce you have had a general problem that really has nothing to-do with wine.

Really debianxfce if you are really a pro developer you need to go back and do a refresher course on bug reporting because you are most likely have problems with other projects as well.

I like your comment about keep messages short. Sorry its worse when bug reporting to be too short so lacking the key information. I have done really long bug reports and got them fixed. But I have seen a lot do really short/incompetent bug reports and never get them fixed because key information is missing. Yes the net etiquette rule of keep it short excuse is a common one for being incompetent at bug reporting.

Comment

Working...
    X