Steam Rolling Out New Apps For Android/iOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I missed the part about H.264.
    I just wanted to point out that the Pi is capable of more than "no hardware decoding".
    Concerning MPEG-2 and VC-1, there are license keys needed to make use of their hardware decoder blocks at all.

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post
      I just wanted to point out that the Pi is capable of more than "no hardware decoding".
      That's absolute correct, and its the reason why i mentioned android (Lineage OS 14.1 and 15.1). I would prefer to use a GNU/Linux on the PI for the Steam Streaming but there is no solution for it

Moonlight is a solution for me but i don't like that its Nvidia only and that i need to use the full blown blob driver with the "geforce experience" crap.

Maybe i use the next Steam sale to buy a steamlink.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        I guess they probably laugh at Apple and assume people get what they paid for. Afaik on Android you can tell, if not directly at least indirectly, you would need the "ACCESS WIFI STATE" permission, and then you can issue requests to get the fequency of the access point you're connected to with EXTRA_WIFI_INFO https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...k-state-and-wi

And no, there is no way to determine the difference between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz by performance alone. 5Ghz can't provide any substantial amount of bandwith more than 2.4 unless you are sitting on top of the router itself and I don't think they want to cut out a large part of usebase by enforcing a minimum bandwith.
        Oh come on.. You know they're only listing 5GHZ because of streaming performance reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post

AFAIK, at least on iOS devices, an app can't tell which WiFi or which kind of WiFi it is connected to, just that it is connected.
          So what do they mean by 5 GHz? Do they require a minimum data rate of say 200 MBit/s which not all 2.4 Ghz devices can reach?
          Or are there latency differences as well between 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz WiFi?
          Strictly speed... It's the same with the steam link (hardware).
          2.4ghz does not work well.

Comment

Working...
          X