Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE4-Powered EVERSPACE Game Rolls Out Official Linux Support

Phoronix: UE4-Powered EVERSPACE Game Rolls Out Official Linux Support

EVERSPACE, the Unreal Engine 4 powered, Kickstarter-backed single-player space-themed combat game has rolled out official Linux support today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Huh, I thought this was already Linux compatible. This game has been on my wishlist for a while though so now is probably a good time to get it.

I am definitely interested in seeing the Linux+VR results with this game.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Huh, I thought this was already Linux compatible. This game has been on my wishlist for a while though so now is probably a good time to get it.

I am definitely interested in seeing the Linux+VR results with this game.
      As mentioned in the article, up to now was just beta/unofficially on Linux.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It took quite long, but good to see that it is out of beta now. Would be nice if they could add now a Vulkan beta build 😀

Comment

I have this on Windows, but I never figured out what it's about. Go in space, get your ass kicked, rinse and repeat.
          Unfortunately, I played it too late, so I couldn't return it.

Comment

Great! And Linux version is finally available DRM-free on GOG too: https://www.gog.com/game/everspace

Comment

"We just need to upgrade tu Unreal Engine 4.17 to fix the remaining issues on AMD - other than that all works fine, no need for Vulkan" -everspace nov 24 2017 https://steamcommunity.com/app/39675...6180600664299/

Hey I got 2 radeon 280x's Vulkan 1.1 will bring Multi-gpu but I'm a niche.. and VR is not...

Packrat: I want to use 2 gpu's.
              Industry: No you want vr.
              Pacrat: How the hell am I going to drink beer with that thing on does it have beer holder with straws?

Comment

Does the game allow switching to Vulkan in the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  Does the game allow switching to Vulkan in the settings?
                  With unreal engine 4 it is just a -vulkan should work when game is launched. Ue4 is good shape now with clang and opengl/vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post

With unreal engine 4 it is just a -vulkan should work when game is launched. Ue4 is good shape now with clang and opengl/vulkan.
                    Cool! I'll give it a try. I know Unity also now supports -force-vulkan. Though something like recent Pillars of Eternity 2 crashes on startup with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X