X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    started a topic Favorite Open/Closed Source Games

Favorite Open/Closed Source Games

Well, what are your favorite open-source and closed-source LINUX-NATIVE games?

Me personally, I think of all times it would have to be RTCW: Enemy Territory and Cube or Nexuiz. Though, I am very much waiting to see how Quake Wars: Enemy Territory will fare.

• jake2sed
    replied
    with no doubt Kerbal Space program, it's a game you can play for thousand hours and don't get bored of it

Leave a comment:

• damvcoool
    replied
    Help us Witcher Fans bring the Original witcher to linux please vote!!

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/th...er_on_gnulinux

P.S.: Sorry for the Spam, but I really want to see this Gem on linux.

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    Of course its Valve and their steam machines, running debian.

At least thats what the latest rumors were.

A console with pc hardware so to say.

http://store.steampowered.com/steamo...rown?l=english

SteamOS Beta is the first public release of our Linux-based operating system. The base system draws from Debian 7, code named Debian Wheezy. Our work builds on top of the solid Debian core and optimizes it for a living room experience. Most of all, it is an open Linux platform that leaves you in full control. You can take charge of your system and install new software or content that you want.

Leave a comment:

• JDx22
    replied
    I was a big Quake 3 fan for years, and it was the reason It felt okay to try Ubuntu back in that days , knowing I could still play one game I liked from windows..
    Later on I also found out that playing Diablo 2 under wine is possible , and even giving you an advantage - because I could run several instances of the client at same time ... in oppose to windows that required some extra programs

This days there are so much more good Linux games compare to like 7 years ago ...and lot of them that I like : Dota 2 , FTL , team fortress 2 , CS:GO , Civ 5 (Civ Be is still unplayable though ) ..

I am not sure whats the reason for the increase of that Linux game variety , maybe its Valve that pushes developers for that ? I am not sure.

Leave a comment:

• BSDude
    replied
    Man is this thread old

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    Originally posted by sbglobal View Post
    Neverwinter Nights w/ expansions is a close second.
    For me the number one, I am still playing that occasionally. And the Civilization series of course.

Leave a comment:

• sbglobal
    replied
    I thought it was a really awesome action-shooter. Neverwinter Nights w/ expansions is a close second.

Leave a comment:

• Bushido_root
    replied
    Closed source game I enjoy (if Xbox360 games count): Halo.

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    Closed source favorites:

Aliens vs Predator 2

Geoff Crammonds Formula One Grand Prix ( I played the first one on an Atari st ) and part three on a windos pc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X