Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20-Way NVIDIA GeForce / AMD Radeon GPU Comparison For Rise of The Tomb Raider On Vulkan/Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX 480 checking in. I think Im doing about 70 FPS average @ 1080p in the second level. Im surprised at how well its doing. I think im on high with bloom anf some other effects turned off like motion blur.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If enough premium members request it or new premium members.
      Yes please. Happy to chip in some extra $ for it

Comment

When looking closely you can see that the minimum FPS on the Radeon cards is slightly higher compared to respective nvidia cards with approximately the same average FPS. I would love a review from someone of stutter and/or a minimum FPS graph.

Comment

Just a little heads up if there's anyone else out there with multiple AMD-cards. I have two Fury's on Debian Sid with Mesa 17.3.9. Vulkan apps, including this one seem to default to run on the secondary GPU which causes a big performance drop. By switching over to my primary GPU in the Feral launcher, I got a nice performance boost. Went from 60fps avg. to 73fps avg. in the benchmark. I wonder if this is a Mesa or RADV issue. Doesn't happen with OpenGL.

Also, I'd like to say that the game plays really smooth. The benchmark is quite heavy and I don't think it represents actual game-play very well. On Windows, my avg. FPS in the benchmark is over 90fps, but I doubt I would be able to tell the Windows and Linux version apart if I did a blind test.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            Just a little heads up if there's anyone else out there with multiple AMD-cards. I have two Fury's on Debian Sid with Mesa 17.3.9. Vulkan apps, including this one seem to default to run on the secondary GPU which causes a big performance drop.
            so vulkan multi GPU is not implemented in this game?
            the windows dx12 version has multi GPU support.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
              so vulkan multi GPU is not implemented in this game?
              the windows dx12 version has multi GPU support.
              Nope, doesn't seem to be implemented in Linux version.

Tried mutli-GPU on Windows, but it doesn't work well (microstuttering) so I'd rather prefer running it on a single GPU which gives me plenty of performance anyway.

DX11 S-GPU 91.97fps

DX12 S-GPU 102.99fps

DX11 M-GPU 124.50fps

DX12 M-GPU 107.44fps

Linux S-GPU 73fps

(1080p high)

Comment

Looking at the 1070 beating a Vega 64 just makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
                  Looking at the 1070 beating a Vega 64 just makes me sad.
                  Ya it doesn't happen on windows. Actually the vega56 tends to match the 1070ti.
                  Hopefully once RadV and amdvlk mature it will change.

Also I noticed the r9 290 performance is below expected. Hope somebody smart enough can look into it...

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
                    DX11 S-GPU 91.97fps
                    DX12 S-GPU 102.99fps
                    Linux S-GPU 73fps
                    (1080p high)
                    To add to this, could you do a test using Wine-Staging 3.6 (with CSMT enabled)? Just to see how well Feral's converter works. With and without DXVK could be worth trying too, out of curiosity.
                    Last edited by Enverex; 20 April 2018, 06:38 AM. Reason: Broken formatting

Comment

Enverex Sorry, but that would take me forever. I don't have Wine installed and my internet connection is really slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X