Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20-Way NVIDIA GeForce / AMD Radeon GPU Comparison For Rise of The Tomb Raider On Vulkan/Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ah no worries then, thought it was worth asking just in case.

    Comment


    • #32
      Enverex Just saw a comment about DXVK on GoL. Maybe that'll interest you.
      Feral Interactive have teamed up with Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix once again to bring a top title to Linux, this time we have Rise of the Tomb Raider.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Is it just me or Lara looked a lot better in the previous installment? Whell, that's probably a question of taste, but that's probably because she looks like she has a lot of makeup in this one, which I don't find extremely fitting.)
        Lara is getting old, but she still wants to look young which is why she uses a lot of make-up

        Comment


        • #34
          Played for a bit last night. Seems I get higher framerates in the benchmark than in the game.... Fortunately, the performance is still pretty great.

          The place where I've seen the worst performance so far is the early scene where Lara is in her apartment talking to Anna. It went into the 70s there. Not really sure why that particular scene was so harsh on the performance to be a rather simple scene.

          My framerate tends to fluctuate between the 80s and 130s (except for the very rare 70s). I have the hair effects turned on, most things are maxed out, anistropic is x8, and the AA is the 2nd lowest setting. All this at 1440p... So all in all, really good!

          As long as the framerate stays at 60+ I'm happy.

          I have a 1080 ti and an i9 7940x, so pretty strong specs.

          I bought the game from the Feral store, but once I'm sure it will be strictly counted as a Linux sale, I'll see how it does in Windows.

          I've played for about an hour, and the game has crash once on me so far. It was after I had died and game was attempting to reload. Had to SSH in from another box and kill it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Michael View Post

            I don't think Feral has publicly confirmed.
            Is there a possibility to get a Windows dx11/12 vs Linux Vulkan bench to test this?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by hiryu View Post
              Played for a bit last night. Seems I get higher framerates in the benchmark than in the game.... Fortunately, the performance is still pretty great.

              The place where I've seen the worst performance so far is the early scene where Lara is in her apartment talking to Anna. It went into the 70s there. Not really sure why that particular scene was so harsh on the performance to be a rather simple scene.

              My framerate tends to fluctuate between the 80s and 130s (except for the very rare 70s). I have the hair effects turned on, most things are maxed out, anistropic is x8, and the AA is the 2nd lowest setting. All this at 1440p... So all in all, really good!

              As long as the framerate stays at 60+ I'm happy.

              I have a 1080 ti and an i9 7940x, so pretty strong specs.

              I bought the game from the Feral store, but once I'm sure it will be strictly counted as a Linux sale, I'll see how it does in Windows.

              I've played for about an hour, and the game has crash once on me so far. It was after I had died and game was attempting to reload. Had to SSH in from another box and kill it.
              if I buy from steam etc, then play for an hour or so in Linux does it count as Linux sale ?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by oleyska View Post

                if I buy from steam etc, then play for an hour or so in Linux does it count as Linux sale ?
                I have the same question... I think I've heard it needs to be 2 hours? And it may also need to be Linux only for the first 2 weeks? There must be someone else who knows more about this.

                Can you just buy it from Feral directly? If you bought it on a sale prior to the Linux release, I'm not sure it can be counted as a Linux sale.

                Anyway, unrelated to above... I've been encountering more crashes. So far, all of them occur only at the beginning of the game where you're climbing up that icy peak to get a glimpse of that city. Happened to me once there, and my niece twice. The rest of the game has been completely stable for me so far.


                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post

                  I don't think Feral has publicly confirmed.
                  Hey Michael, you have plans to add support for this game on test suite for Windows?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post

                    Hey Michael, you have plans to add support for this game on test suite for Windows?
                    No plans since the Feral-ported games have settings handled all differently compared to Windows, so it's not some quick/trivial process..... So unless I end up magically finding a couple hours extra time or sponsorship for such, I don't have any plans to add Windows support myself but will happily accept any patches doing so.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X