Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gukin
    replied
    I've got a Radeon R9 280 and will be trying ROTR tomorrow and will post if anything doesn't work. Performance was acceptable under wine but there were several graphic artefacts that made the game "unrewarding" to play.
    I've been wanting to play this title again and the fact that it was "coming along" in wine kept me from fooling with Windows.
    Thanks Feral.

Leave a comment:

• oooverclocker
    replied
    I'm very happy to buying this long awaited game. Unfortunately it took very long to arrive on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    Uh? I played this on Windows back when it was released and I had a R9 290X when I started out but upgraded to an R9 Fury before I finished the game, and performance was fine, especially with the Fury.
    I played it on a R9 390 and GTX 1070, and at some places in the game (e.g. Geothermal Valley at night + rain), the 1070 was almost twice as fast in 1440p.
    16x anisotropic filterig roughly costs ~40% performance on the 390 while it's 20% on the 1070.
    When the game was released with DX11 only, it also showed nasty stuttering in geothermal valley with the 390, but this seems to be fixed since Adrenalin drivers (overhead optimization?).

Leave a comment:

• edddeduck_feral
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol
    Let's hope the game works with unsupported 2nd-gen GCN AMD GPUs such as R9 290/390.
    Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post
    Would love to know if Feral tested it against GCN cards!?!? I've got a R9-290x
    Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't supported but like with other Feral developed Vulkan games this is because AMD 200 and 300 series graphics cards based on the 1st or 2nd generation Graphics Core Next micro-architecture use the radeon kernel driver by default. Rise of the Tomb Raider uses the Vulkan graphics API, which requires the amdgpu kernel driver. You can force your graphics card to use the amdgpu kernel driver but may experience system instability.

Here's an example of the "at your own risk" FAQ point we had for F1 2017 which was also a Vulkan only title.

http://support.feralinteractive.com/...rnel_blacklist

Just to be super clear this is entirely at your own risk due to the experimental nature of the drivers required but if you're technically minded and understand all the risks the game should run.
    Last edited by edddeduck_feral; 18 April 2018, 10:22 AM. Reason: Added second quote to post

Leave a comment:

• DanglingPointer
    replied
    Would love to know if Feral tested it against GCN cards!? I've got a R9-290X and would love to play this game.

Leave a comment:

• DanglingPointer
    replied
    Would love to know if Feral tested it against GCN cards!?!? I've got a R9-290x

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    Maybe go for Vulkan only may reduce their sales (hopefully only slightly), but I like the way they are going. The faster developers move to Vulkan, the better driver development will be and people can relegate OpenGL to simple/legacy apps only.
    It is also in the windows store. Microsoft is making sure it get's its directx12 . As a side note one of the Feral developers told me that Metal api does in fact have Multi-gpu support.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Maybe go for Vulkan only may reduce their sales (hopefully only slightly), but I like the way they are going. The faster developers move to Vulkan, the better driver development will be and people can relegate OpenGL to simple/legacy apps only.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    More details are listed in the test description. Enhancements over previous pts tests for feral targets: * Automatic detection of Steam install directory * Cleaned up environment fetching (works wi...

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    Just in case: Don't be disappointed if the Radeon performance will be bad, the same applied to the Windows version. A lot of it is related to anisotropic filtering being extremely expensive in this game on Radeons.

Hitman btw. was very smooth here too with OGL, unlike the DX12 version on Windows.
    Uh? I played this on Windows back when it was released and I had a R9 290X when I started out but upgraded to an R9 Fury before I finished the game, and performance was fine, especially with the Fury. I ran DX12 which performed slightly better than DX11 for me. Frame-rate easily averaged in the eighties with settings almost maxed out.

Now I have two Fury's and I recently went back to benchmark Crossfire but that didn't help much. Actually, it introduced micro-stuttering problems which caused the subjective experience to be worse than single GPU even though average FPS was i bit higher.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X