• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Rise of the Tomb Raider Launching Tomorrow For Linux

Rise of the Tomb Raider Launching Tomorrow For Linux

Phoronix: Rise of the Tomb Raider Launching Tomorrow For Linux

Feral Interactive has just announced they will be launching Rise of the Tomb Raider for Linux tomorrow, 19 April...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-Tomorrow

• Soul_keeper
    replied
    I purchased the game today and it said unsupported platform ... now just a short time later the price is 1/3rd ... and I havn't even installed it yet.
    Feels like I got robbed. Either that or i'm an idiot and deserve to pay 3x what all the other linux users pay today ...

Sending a message to steam support to see if I can get the same price as everyone else. Otherwise i'll just return it and repurchase.
    "The game is on sale today for $19.79
    I purchased it today and have not even installed it, but was charged $59.99"
    Hopefully they'll help me out.
    Last edited by Soul_keeper; 04-19-2018, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vash63
    replied
    Wow, I don't have it installed in Windows anymore but ran the benchmark maxed out with everything on the highest settings 1440p (other than SSAA) and managed a 60FPS average on my 1080. Excellent performance, looks like Feral did a great job on this port! Wish I hadn't bought it a year ago for Windows so I could've given them some money for this.

Leave a comment:

• atomsymbol
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post
    The game is now on the list of games in Steam client but installing it just creates an empty folder/directory on the disk.
    It's fixed now.

Leave a comment:

• atomsymbol
    replied
    The game is now on the list of games in Steam client but installing it just creates an empty folder/directory on the disk.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by mike44 View Post
    Just bought on Steam as it has a icon but says "os not supported". So waiting and hope it's not getting counted for Virows.
    I think they usually release in the afternoon or evening so there's gonna be a few more hours of waiting. Hopefully it still counts as a Linux sale

Leave a comment:

• mike44
    replied
    Just bought on Steam as it has a icon but says "os not supported". So waiting and hope it's not getting counted for Virows.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by mike44 View Post
    or from a chinese truck...
    Or from any truck. No need to call out specific nations or people. That's just prejudice, and possibly discrimination.

But I do agree with the critics of G2A though. Lot's of shady deals there and G2A willingly allows it and makes profit of it which basically makes G2A itself a scam. Stay away from there if you have any morals.

Leave a comment:

• johanb
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    I played it on a R9 390 and GTX 1070, and at some places in the game (e.g. Geothermal Valley at night + rain), the 1070 was almost twice as fast in 1440p.
    16x anisotropic filterig roughly costs ~40% performance on the 390 while it's 20% on the 1070.
    When the game was released with DX11 only, it also showed nasty stuttering in geothermal valley with the 390, but this seems to be fixed since Adrenalin drivers (overhead optimization?).
    There was a driver update from AMD which improved RotTR performance with ~15%.
    Geothermal Valley is also known to be slow on almost all hardware, people have reported dips to 30fps on 5ghz 7700k and dual 1080s https://steamcommunity.com/app/39122...1491109136961/

Leave a comment:

• mike44
    replied
    Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
    Anyone else notice that the game requires you to run the latest 396 beta driver if you have Nvidia hardware. I am holding back on getting this until that driver goes stable.
    I just installed it from Ubuntu repos I found in synaptic. (I don't remember if I've installed any ppa earlier this year.)

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
    I agree with oooverclocker - if you don't want to pay $60 then wait for a Steam or Feral store sale so at least they make something off of it. Buying it off of G2A will at best make them nothing as it would go to the Windows dev team, and at worst be basically piracy as many keys on G2A 'fell off a truck' somewhere in Russia.
    or from a chinese truck...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X