Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of the Tomb Raider Launching Tomorrow For Linux

Phoronix: Rise of the Tomb Raider Launching Tomorrow For Linux

Feral Interactive has just announced they will be launching Rise of the Tomb Raider for Linux tomorrow, 19 April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeah Will be very interesting to see how the port runs with Vulkan. F1 2017 runs perfectly smooth, I'm sure Feral achieved the same for Tomb Raider!

Comment

Just in case: Don't be disappointed if the Radeon performance will be bad, the same applied to the Windows version. A lot of it is related to anisotropic filtering being extremely expensive in this game on Radeons.

Hitman btw. was very smooth here too with OGL, unlike the DX12 version on Windows.

Comment

So excited

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
          Just in case: Don't be disappointed if the Radeon performance will be bad, the same applied to the Windows version. A lot of it is related to anisotropic filtering being extremely expensive in this game on Radeons.

Hitman btw. was very smooth here too with OGL, unlike the DX12 version on Windows.
          Uh? I played this on Windows back when it was released and I had a R9 290X when I started out but upgraded to an R9 Fury before I finished the game, and performance was fine, especially with the Fury. I ran DX12 which performed slightly better than DX11 for me. Frame-rate easily averaged in the eighties with settings almost maxed out.

Now I have two Fury's and I recently went back to benchmark Crossfire but that didn't help much. Actually, it introduced micro-stuttering problems which caused the subjective experience to be worse than single GPU even though average FPS was i bit higher.

Comment

More details are listed in the test description. Enhancements over previous pts tests for feral targets: * Automatic detection of Steam install directory * Cleaned up environment fetching (works wi...
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Maybe go for Vulkan only may reduce their sales (hopefully only slightly), but I like the way they are going. The faster developers move to Vulkan, the better driver development will be and people can relegate OpenGL to simple/legacy apps only.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                Maybe go for Vulkan only may reduce their sales (hopefully only slightly), but I like the way they are going. The faster developers move to Vulkan, the better driver development will be and people can relegate OpenGL to simple/legacy apps only.
                It is also in the windows store. Microsoft is making sure it get's its directx12 . As a side note one of the Feral developers told me that Metal api does in fact have Multi-gpu support.

Comment

Would love to know if Feral tested it against GCN cards!?!? I've got a R9-290x

Comment

Would love to know if Feral tested it against GCN cards!? I've got a R9-290X and would love to play this game.

Comment

Working...
                    X