Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Gordon Is Working On MojoAL, Adds Spatialized Audio Support

Phoronix: Ryan Gordon Is Working On MojoAL, Adds Spatialized Audio Support

Ryan Gordon's new MojoAL sound library now supports audio spatialization...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think you should mention that MojoAL is *not* supposed to be a replacement for OpenAL-Soft on Desktop Operating Systems, but is mainly meant for systems where OpenAL-Soft can't be used due its license (LGPL), like the Nintendo Switch (he ported SDL2 to that platform recently - but that's only available on request to people who have a Switch SDK).

See the announcement post on the OpenAL mailing list: http://openal.org/pipermail/openal/2...ch/000675.html
    like I said, this isn't going to be replacing OpenAL Soft. Features like Ambisonics, HRTFs, most known extensions, or even better-than-stereo output aren't on the table at the moment.
    Last edited by DanielG; 13 April 2018, 08:28 AM. Reason: add quote from ML post

Comment

I will show more interest in this once surround sound gets working.

Comment

AeonWave-OpenAL AeonWave-OpenAL is an LGPL-licensed OpenAL emulation layer that takes advantage of the hardware acceleration provided by the non-free but low cost AeonWave 4D-audio library for Linux and Windows made by Adalin B.V.. The author claims that AeonWave-OpenAL implementation renders 3D audio five (on an AMD Athlon 64 X2) to seven (on an Intel Atom N270) times faster than either OpenAL SI or OpenAL Soft under the same conditions.[23] By using the AeonWavelibrary this implementation supports HRTF as well as spatialised surround sound for up to eight speakers.

Comment

AeonWave-OpenAL have same spatialised surround sound, but also for up to eight speakers under linux.

Comment

Working...
          X