Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC VIVE Pro Shipping Next Month For $799 USD

Phoronix: HTC VIVE Pro Shipping Next Month For $799 USD

Sure enough, HTC and Valve are using GDC this week to talk more about the VIVE PRO VR headset...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No money from me before fully supported on Linux.

Comment

Apparently it's only the headset you get for $799.

Basestation and controllers are not included.

Comment

I suppose until OpenXR and OpenHMD support, it won't be something to look at.

Comment

Adding to the the list of complaints: HTC.

I'll bet Valve now regrets getting in bed with them, as they're trying to compete with SteamVR using their own VivePort API & content distribution platform.

Also, it should be wireless.

My next VR HMD purchase is going to be Lenovo's standalone Daydream 6-DoF HMD. Google partnered with HTC to build one of these, but HTC turned on them and made it VivePort-exclusive.
          Last edited by coder; 19 March 2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
            Apparently it's only the headset you get for $799.

Basestation and controllers are not included.
            Samsung Odyssey is the same resolution but only 499.- with controllers.

Comment

So I'm looking to get a VR headset in about 2-3 months time, what's the best candidate so far for a Linux user? Is Samsung releasing anything else in 2018?

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
                Samsung Odyssey is the same resolution but only 499.- with controllers.
                And how's Linux support, really?

Comment

SteamVR is supported:
                  As a quick background, I should say that I have been using an Oculus Rift for about 1 year and a half and flying almost exclusively in VR in P3D, XP11 and DCS. While I am very happy with the current experience, I was really intrigued with the launch of Windows Mixed Reality Devices, especially th...

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
                    Right. How about on Linux?

Comment

Working...
                    X