No announcement yet.

Wine 3.4 Release Continues With Vulkan Upbringing, Some Wine-Staging Patches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.4 Release Continues With Vulkan Upbringing, Some Wine-Staging Patches

Phoronix: Wine 3.4 Release Continues With Vulkan Upbringing, Some Wine-Staging Patches

The latest bi-weekly release of Wine is now available for running your favorite or necessary Windows programs/games on Linux and macOS...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-3.4-Released

dxvk works with the Witcher 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      dxvk works with the Witcher 3.
      As far as I understand it, the patches from Thursday (15 of May) made it possible to continue improve winevulkan (standalone-patches outside of mainline Wine), apparently (according to Phoronix own article) "including dxvk should now work" which I take it they tested their patches with DXVK as well.

I saw some footage from that Witcher 3 with DXVK, it was not that impressive but it was a step to the right direction and this seem to improve upon it (closer to be mainlined to Wine).

Comment

In this wine version more work from roderick colenbrander has been approved

And sonic and all stars racing transformed improve

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
          I saw some footage from that Witcher 3 with DXVK, it was not that impressive but it was a step to the right direction and this seem to improve upon it (closer to be mainlined to Wine).
          See for yourself.

Wine master, wined3d:

Wine master, dxvk (direct-image-mapping branch):

I.e. dxvk gives 40+fps instead of 15+fps of wined3d.

Setup: RX 480 4 GB, 1920x1200, Mesa master.
          Last edited by shmerl; 03-16-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

shmerl Very impressive. How is frametime variance? I hope the HLSL -> SPIR-V conversion doesn't lead to nasty stuttering. However, without help of driver shader cache, Witcher 3 even has stuttering problems on Windows with DX11.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
              shmerl Very impressive. How is frametime variance? I hope the HLSL -> SPIR-V conversion doesn't lead to nasty stuttering. However, without help of driver shader cache, Witcher 3 even has stuttering problems on Windows with DX11.
              Yes, there is more stuttering with dxvk than with wined3d, caused by shaders compilation I assume. Some built in caching would surely help.

Except for stuttering problem, framerate is very good. I also noticed that setting CPU governor to performance from on demand can help increase the framerate.

Comment

I think on Windows the witcher with a rx480 gets around 60fps at 1080p, could be wrong. (or about 45fps maxed it seems)

Comment

I may not be impressed, but I am excited for the near future that is for sure.

Comment

stuttering go away with some time on DXVK , do IT van have catching

Comment

Working...
                    X