Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wine-Vulkan Patches Are Under Review

Phoronix: New Wine-Vulkan Patches Are Under Review

Roderick Colenbrander's Wine-Vulkan work for Vulkan infrastructure support under Wine has been updated and is ready for review, making these initial bits a candidate for soon being incorporated into mainline Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is really big news... !!

Since the Wine Staging Vulkan implementation is pretty much a garbage hack and locked at a much older version of the Vulkan libraries... Never mind that Wine Staging is dead (now) anyway.

Roll on DXVK - we need it now... Tessellation all the things!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
      This is really big news... !!
      Since the Wine Staging Vulkan implementation is pretty much a garbage hack and locked at a much older version of the Vulkan libraries... Never mind that Wine Staging is dead (now) anyway.

Roll on DXVK - we need it now... Tessellation all the things!!
      Yeah, what this person said. Screw wasting time people, we need to see the technology go further by not trying here. The only way to go forward is to let go and try new things.

I mean it's only us the users that get to use it and not the developers choice of what should be developed..

Comment

Good.
        I'm currently stuck with wine-staging because the only way to play ESO is through DXVK (latest game update broke ground textures on wined3d; meanwhile DXVK works better than wined3d used to).

I hope this makes DXVK usable on mainline Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
          Good.
          I'm currently stuck with wine-staging because the only way to play ESO is through DXVK (latest game update broke ground textures on wined3d; meanwhile DXVK works better than wined3d used to).

Really? Last time I tried to play ESO again in wine (a couple of months ago) this issue also occured for me but couldn't find a solution and noone had reported the same thing on WineHQ so I gave up. Seems like there's a report with a gtx 1080 which reports the same thing on WineHQ as well as you now. I'm not ready to downgrade to wine-staging, but nice to see that I'm not alone with that issue atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post

Really? Last time I tried to play ESO again in wine (a couple of months ago) this issue also occured for me but couldn't find a solution and noone had reported the same thing on WineHQ so I gave up. Seems like there's a report with a gtx 1080 which reports the same thing on WineHQ as well as you now. I'm not ready to downgrade to wine-staging, but nice to see that I'm not alone with that issue atleast.
            As an update, I managed to get it to work with wine-vulkan and DXVK.

However, performance is still better with DXVK on wine-staging, though that may change as the DXVK developer plans to leverage Vulkan extensions not available in the wine-staging implementation.

Comment

Working...
            X