Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vega Gets Its Last Fix For Dawn of War III On Linux With Vulkan

Phoronix: Vega Gets Its Last Fix For Dawn of War III On Linux With Vulkan

Samuel Pitoiset of Valve has worked through the last of the Dawn of War 3 issues for Radeon Vega GPUs with the RADV Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So much tearing on the article screenshot :P (I guess the quality is due to jpeg compression).

Nice to see another fix, from here, RADV looks like a steamroller that just can't be stopped!
    Were is the bug tracker for that kind of issues? Are there many of them?

Comment

RADV is actually really good for this game. I am gaming with my Fury card and I got no tearing at all. It just works.
      If I use RadeonSI I get a nasty input lag on my mouse. The game becomes unplayable...

Comment

Great work Samuel!

I wonder if Valve devs are gonna start contributing to amdvlk also.

Comment

Thanks Samuel for sharing the tools you use to get er done.

Relic abandoned this title on windows and the users are angry . It will be interesting to see how well the Feral and Linux community supports this game. I have a feeling the Linux version will see fixes and the windows one will not.

There is another Gameswork shop series that has been announced for Linux called: Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus by Kasedo Games.
          Source : https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...ate-2018.11271

Comment

Working...
          X