Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging Will No Longer Be Putting Out New Releases

Phoronix: Wine-Staging Will No Longer Be Putting Out New Releases

Wine-Staging as many of you have known it for the past four years is unfortunately no more. We'll see if other reliable folks step up to maintain this experimental version of Wine but the original developers have sadly stepped away...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow. I wonder if the Wine devs realize how many people preferred to use Staging.

Comment

Michael and Sebastian,
      Thanks you both for investigating your time for the Wine-Staging maintenance. That was really appreciated in Wine-Staging community.
      Wish you the best for your new jobs.
      Regards

Comment

just changed from wine-staging to wine 3.2
        i used it because csmt but it also had some other cool things
        shame to see that development has stoped
        i hope distros will use the fork soon

Comment

Well this sucks. Staging was the only easy way to get several games to work.

Comment

I'm actually happy that we don't have to track 80 editions of wine. Good stuff makes it into the main version eventually. Lack of staging build actually keeps devs from keeping stuff in staging forever.

Comment

Probably a good idea to focus on getting the patches into wine-devel now.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                They are not interested patches. I did try the Origin client with wine 3.1-devel and it went to debugger in a loop. With wine-staging Origin works.
                https://github.com/boltronics/wine

Funny read the bugs notice that the patches have not be submitted upstream for review. Claim of not interested is excuse.

Yes some patches like the witcher 3 ones have been rejected. Now those game players are starting to find out that those patches are causing them to have game lock-ups.

The review process of wine is hard but not doing the review process comes with a lot of future harm as well.

Comment

If any of you are a bit confused about the official wine branches and versioning system, there's a nice section of the official wiki that explains it here. The parts of the section referring to Wine Staging is obviously now out dated, as are the references to the current stable version being "2.0" (it's 3.0 now), but otherwise I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Comment

Ok, take nvapi, nvcuda, vulkan patches and DLL Redirects support into main tree and I'm fine with this.

Comment

Working...
                    X