Wine 3.2 Released With HID Gamepad Support, D3D Multi-Sample Textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.2 Released With HID Gamepad Support, D3D Multi-Sample Textures

Phoronix: Wine 3.2 Released With HID Gamepad Support, D3D Multi-Sample Textures

The latest bi-weekly Wine development release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version add multisample textures but dont stay clear if inmutable storage stay ready according jozef kucia said

Xinput shows improvements (Aric Stewart work) but lack code but next wine stay very interesting

winebus.sys: map SDL GameControllers if requested

winebus.sys: Implement SDL Haptic for controller vibration
    Last edited by pinguinpc; 16 February 2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

CSMT is now enabled by default.

Comment

I know Wine is more gamer oriented, but I installed 3.x staging on my 2 core / 2Gb Braswell and a 250Gb Intel SATA M.2 SSD with an XFCE (4.13 kernel) based distro. I loaded Office 2000 Professional with the Compatibility Pack so it can edit/save XML files. While O2k is extremely old and designed in an area of Pentium II, it was very, very fast on Wine 3.x and had no issues. I was really surprised. So I pulled out Photoshop Elements 2.0, (a 2002 era program) and it too worked great and was very fast, though I probably wouldn't be doing any serious editing with such a limited amount of RAM. Seems the older the programs the better it works. The more "modern" programs want too much RAM it seems or the install runs into weird Wine errors. This isn't for some major productivity or anything, more of my testing Wine improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
          I know Wine is more gamer oriented, but I installed 3.x staging on my 2 core / 2Gb Braswell and a 250Gb Intel SATA M.2 SSD with an XFCE (4.13 kernel) based distro. I loaded Office 2000 Professional with the Compatibility Pack so it can edit/save XML files. While O2k is extremely old and designed in an area of Pentium II, it was very, very fast on Wine 3.x and had no issues. I was really surprised. So I pulled out Photoshop Elements 2.0, (a 2002 era program) and it too worked great and was very fast, though I probably wouldn't be doing any serious editing with such a limited amount of RAM. Seems the older the programs the better it works. The more "modern" programs want too much RAM it seems or the install runs into weird Wine errors. This isn't for some major productivity or anything, more of my testing Wine improvements.
          Wait, you have Wine-Staging 3.x? Where you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by MeissnerEffect View Post
            CSMT is now enabled by default.
            I noticed that too. Surprised that wasn't listed as one of the main bullet points considering how long it's taken for this to happen.

Comment

Seems like somebody has taken up the mantle of rebasing wine-staging to wine 3.x

Staging repository for Wine; mirror of https://gitlab.winehq.org/wine/wine-staging - Bugtracker and Patches: https://bugs.winehq.org/ - wine-staging/wine-staging

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                You can not even choose CSMT with winecfg.
                Yeah for disgrace henri verbeet dont approve donat enikeev winecfg csmt patch

Before cited patch connect registry with winecfg and allow configure csmt per app because in various cases csmt give lower performance

csmt activation must be avaliable for users can decide in when cases must be used

Comment

If you set CSMT to 0 in the registry it will still switch it off.

Comment

"Some of you may have already wondered why there were no Wine Staging releases lately and whether anything has changed. There are indeed some major changes, which we want to explain in this post..."

Comment

Working...
                    X